Marriage Made In Heaven - Chapter 30

I was transported to a round chamber with stone wall and two posts in the middle. My heart was racing but my anger prevented me from showing how scared I was. I decided I was hard enough to take the punishment and say fuck you. They would all be amazed at how high my pain threshold was and I would definitely not scream. I focused on my anger and not what was about to happen.

My arms were tied to each post ready for my punishment.

"Liberty daughter of Michael. You have been found guilty of sin. You have been shown leniency until now but we will not allow you to harm another soul. Your refusal to answer the call of Ethanual son of Raguel with no regard for his soul is not a matter we can over look," the angel said.

I didn't hurt his soul, I thought.

"Yes you did," he answered having read my mind. "And the fact that you cannot see that, is a cause for great concern. Your are refusing to listen to your soul and to realise that the body is but a vessel. You are searching out the answers to questions you know are forbidden. You are entering realms and interacting with humans in a way which is also forbidden. As such you will be punished until you learn to answer his call and prove you can live within the law of this realm. If you deny his call, you will receive 10 more lashes, each lash will increase with intensity. You are confident of your ability to withstand the pain but I assure you, you will be broken," the angel said.

"Oh just get on with it, you are talking me to death... is this part of the punishment this lecture thingy? Do I have to listen to you waffling on or can we skip to the kinky bit and get it over and done with?" I asked.

"LIBERTY!" Raguel shouted as he appeared.

"OH SHIT!" I said as the fear inside me began to rise.

"You will hold your tongue in my realm," he said as held my face in his hand.

"Ouch," I said as he let go.

"You were not the only one to break the rules Liberty," he said and I panicked as he ordered, "Bring her."

"No, no please," I said.

Millie was transported into the room.

"Millicent wife of Zachariah you have been found guilty of...." the angel said as I interrupted.

"NO IT WAS ME! PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T HURT HER!" I begged. "I WILL TAKE HER PUNISHMENT ALONG WITH MY OWN!"

"Her husband has already offered to take her punishment, his request is denied," the angel replied.

"I am the guilty one not Zach and I tricked her into it. Please.... Ethan said she had prevented my soul from harm when she stopped someone from touching me," I said quickly. "I can't remember his name..."

"Nick the Dick, Nobchops," Millie said. "But I can take my own punishment Libby, I knew the consequences."

"Millie no," I said. "Please nothing you did hurt my soul. You made it feel great, you made me laugh and feel human again. You helped me create a favourite memory," I said and pictured the babies laughing in the cinema. "The only pain caused was my own doing as I realised that I was holding onto a dream that will never come true. That is what hurt me, not you. I promise, on my soul, you did not hurt me," I said. "You didn't. I swear it. Raguel please come see, I will share the memories," I said pleading to him with my eyes.

Raguel approached me and I was embarrassed at what he was about to see as I knew he would see how foolish I was to love his son. How obsessed with his grandson I was. How I reacted to the nakedness, the kiss, and how when I saw Nick the Dick all I did was compare him to Ethan and revel in the moment of pretending to be his wife and Daniels mother. It was too late now, I had nothing to lose but I could protect my friend even if it was going to cost me my dignity.