Marriage Made In Heaven - Chapter 6

"Her behaviour is unacceptable," I heard as I started to come around.

"Not to a human," a woman's voice said.

"Don't become a sympathiser, she broke her vow," a man's voice replied. "Bring her here she will receive her punishment."

Arms grabbed mine, dragging me across the floor.

"Stand," the man commanded.

"She can't stand, she is human, her body is struggling to acclimatise to our environment," the woman said.

"Well help her," he commanded.

"She refused it last time and I am sure she will again," the woman replied.

"Fine, if she will not receive punishment he will," the man commanded.

"No!" the woman said in haste. "Please!"

"Bring him," the man ordered.

Hushed whispers broke out throughout the room as my head spun and I struggled to stand.

"Let me help you," the woman said.

I nodded.

Her fingers drew softly down my back and a sharp bolt of electricity shot thought me causing me to cry out in pain.

"Silence her," the man ordered. He reminded me of a winged man in Flash Gordon. His beard, broad chest and booming voice. Just without the wings.

A hand clamped over my mouth as my body jolted with all the after shocks that run through it. A gown wrapped around me to hide my underwear.

"Ah Ethan," the man said.

My eyes shot towards where he was speaking.

There he was, Ethan! He was real. Where the hell had he been?

"Yes father," Ethan said and fell to one knee like a knight before a king.

"Your human is to be punished," he said.

"My human?" Ethan asked confused.

"Yes over there," the man indicated towards me.

"I do not know that human father," Ethan said as he briefly glanced my way. "I will find out who her charge is and...."

"That is your human Ethan," the man said. "Has someone wiped his memory? Is that how we got into this situation? I do not have time to deal with adulterous humans today!" he boomed.

"Adulterous?" I asked as I pulled the hand away from my mouth.

"Do not speak unless spoken to human," the man said glaring at me.

"Well don't speak about me as if I am not here. Also the name is Libby, not human," I said as I eyeballed him.

"How dare you address me!" he growled.

"How dare you pull me up away from a potentially good shag and call me adulterous," I growled back.

He stormed towards me and I was so close to running but the stubborn side of me held my ground.

His hand reached out and grabbed my face, turning it side to side as he looked intensely into my eyes as though assessing me.

"She has no idea," he said.

"About what?" I asked as he let go of my face and my cheeks ached from his rough touch.

"You and him," he said pointing to Ethan, "Are married," he said.

Ethan and I looked at each other. He didn't seem to recognise me and seemed as confused as I was.

"Look there has been some sort of mistake and I am having a weird nightmare again so I am happy to just be sent home and wake up with a hang over," I said.