Marriage Made In Heaven - Chapter 36

"I'll leave you two alone," he said to me and Raguel.

Why? I thought...he knew I was uncomfortable around Raguel.

He left the room closing the door. Oh shit!

I was half way to crying when he spoke, "I'm not going to hurt you," he said quietly. "Can I sit?" he asked indicating to the bed I was in. I nodded. I dare not refuse.

He sat on the bed and turned to face me and I held the blankets close for security.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he said pulling the blanket down a little. "I like you."

Funny way of showing it, I thought. Dragging me in here!

"I would like to talk about what you overheard at the house this morning," he said nice and calmly.

As if I needed any elaboration on that!

"Trust me, things are not as they seem," he said.

I stared at him waiting for the cover story.

"I am here to set the record straight for you," he said.

Not interested, I thought.

"Do you have any questions?" he asked.

I shook my head lightly.

"Ok well let me tell you about me and you, how we met and how we became friends," he said and smiled.

Friends, I thought, not bloody likely.

"Yes friends," he said and even he had to laugh a little at how absurd it sounded.

I waited. This bag of bullshit was going to be funny to listen to and I would pay attention as I wanted to be able to replay the funniest bits in my mind during my stay in this bed... grounded... I was married with a kid for fucksake how the hell can I get grounded! Well I am not married anymore but...

"Pay attention," Raguel said.

I listened.

"The beginning," he said. "Seems a lot has passed but I will try to be brief."

Thank god for that, I thought.

"I'm embellish the juicy bits when I sense you want me too," he said.

I was grateful but also found it ludicrous that Raguel was sat on my bed ready to tell me a bedtime story, I was grounded and fearing my mum coming in to kick my ass. All that was missing was the hot chocolate and a teddy bear to cuddle. Sent to bed with no dinner!!! God I was hungry. I hadn't had anything to eat since before I died...

Raguel rolled his eyes.

"Ooopps sorry I will pay attention," I said crossing my heart.

He held his hand out and a huge cookie appeared in it. The smell immediately made my mouth water and I looked to the door waiting for my mum to burst in.

Raguel held his finger up to indicate he was not going to tell. He passed me the cookie and I broke it in half sharing it with him automatically. He smiled and winked as two cups of hot chocolate appeared on the side. I again panicked looking to the door.

"It is a closed room, we are having private time," he said. "No one can hear."

He laughed as a teddy bear appeared in my arms. I gave it a hug and felt instantly more relaxed, so tucked into my cookie and hot chocolate waiting on Raguel to start. They tasted amazing!

"You ready?" he asked.

I nodded.

"I'll start with how Ethan became your guardian angel," he said. "Is that ok?"