Marriage Made In Heaven - Chapter 10

Isobel helped me pull myself together, she performed some sort of reiki healing which should last a few hours.

Millie thought I was here to help celebrate her union with Zach. She was ecstatic.

I stood in front of the mirror in the dress Isobel had chosen for me. It fit me perfectly.

It was beautiful sky blue silk, covered in sheer black net like a ballerina dress but without the puffiness. It hung to the floor and swished about when I moved, I almost looked gracious. The neck line showed my ample bosom but wasn't slutty, the waist corseted and the whole thing was covered in delicately placed crystals that caught the light so perfectly.

My hair was given just enough curl to make is sexy and tousled. My make up fresh and minimal but accentuated my features.

I felt like I could walk into that Ball with confidence. I had refused the need for an escort but Raguel insisted. I was appointed a chaperone.

He was a lovely young man and very enthusiastic to be charged with babysitting the human.

We entered the Ball and I was in awe! It was amazing. I had never seen anything like it in my life. So many beautiful people, immaculately presented and all dancing so gracefully that I felt inferior within seconds. So much for the dress with confidence approach.

Millie ran to hug me in her amazing dress. "Wow look at you," I said.

"Yeah and you," she said.

I accepted a glass of something or other and swung it back for confidence.

Raguel gave me a weary look. I knew what it meant. He didn't want me caning my way through all the booze. Oh well I would just busy myself by admiring the dresses.

Then I spotted her, the 'bitch' from my first visit. All long blonde hair and a perfect silk white dress that showed off her prefect figure. She was officially fucking gorgeous. God I hated her and admired her and wished I had half the looks and figure she has!

She was with Ethan. My heart tried to bunji jump out of my chest at the sight of them both dancing the American smooth together. Gliding, tilting, toe hopping like Fred and Ginger.

I left the room and made my way down the hall way. Asking where the ladies was and finding it. Who would have thought angels pee?

I didn't need the loo just a break. I walked into one of the rooms and closed the toilet lid and sat on it, face slumped in my hands. I hid for a good half hour.

I heard some women in front of the mirrors faffing around and chattering.

"Can you believe it Zach with a human?" one said.

"Yes, urgh, how could he?" the other replied.

"Could you imagine if Ethan did?" the other said and they both squealed with laughter.

"He'd rather rip his own wings off," one said. "Yes and Amelia would not be happy. She is out there now trying to get him to 'look' at her."

"Yeah well I pity anyone who gets in her way, that man may not be married yet but everyone knows he is taken. Hell, I think even he knows it but he is just dragging it out. I mean his father approves of her, he would never approve of a human. Oh I could just see his face now. He would chuck the human out of here and let her drop to earth with a splat," she said with a giggle.

"Still can't believe Zach, what a waste of a good angel on a scratty little human like that," the other replied.

I flew out of the toilet in a rage.