Marriage Made In Heaven - Chapter 48

We walked towards the tree a few hours later.

"Come on you will miss Mass," Millie said.

"We are not allowed in there," Zach replied.

"Firstly God is everywhere not in man made buildings of sticks and stones. Did you not watch Stigmata? Secondly and most importantly we are having it here under the tree not in there, here," Millie replied.

"I will hear your confession," the priest said who accompanied us.

Ethan and Zach looked stunned.

Millie and I played with Scooby as the priest listened to their confession.

"It's time," he told us. We walked back over. "Kneel," he ordered. I knelt beside Ethan and Millie beside Zach. "We are called here today, to join these angels and these humans in holy matrimony," the priest replied.

Zach looked at Millie in shock.

"What? He looks after this tree and that church, of course he knows angels exist. You are not the first fallen to come for a snuggle with it. Now lets get married before Scooby gets distracted and stops shielding us," she replied. "This marriage is legally binding, going on paper and can't be broke with a word or errant thought. Human marriage, court of law etc."

I nodded at Ethan that I agreed with her. He was as stunned as Zach.

"Do you want to?" I asked realising I hadn't thought to ask. "I mean, will you marry me... again," I asked and giggled at the strangeness of me asking a him to marry me when it should be the other way around.

He nodded stunned. He wasn't expecting this and I loved it!

The priest performed the ceremony to renew our vows, keeping it quick but legal. First Millie and Zach, then us.

"Do you Ethan son of Raguel, take this human woman, Liberty daughter of Michael to be your lawful wedded wife?" he asked.

"I do," Ethan replied as he smiled at me.

"Do you Liberty, daughter of Michael, take Ethan son of Raguel, a fallen angel, to be your lawful wedded husband?" he asked.

"I do," I replied and heard Millie squeal with excitement.

The rest of the words a blur as I got caught in Ethan's gaze.

"I said you may now kiss your bride," the priest said louder breaking our daze.

I moved forward with him until our lips met and we sealed our union with a kiss. A wonderful, loving, slow kiss that made me melt into his arms.

We signed the papers and passed them over to each other to sign as witness.

"Zachariah Messenger?" Zach whinged.

"Angel, messenger," Millie said. "Millicent Messenger," she said pointing at herself and frowning.

"Glena," I said pointing at me and Ethan. "Angel mixed up," I pointed out.

"He's one mixed up angel alright," Zach joked.

Scooby growled nope snored as the certificates blew into the air and dropped back down again.

"Shit the shield," Millie said grabbing a copy of each certificate.

"Time to go," Zach said and we all ran to the van. Scooby in Ethan's hand as he woke him up and transported to the next picture Millie showed Scooby.

"Hawaii," Millie said as we landed nearly busting the van with a tired puppy transport. "Honeymooners paradise," she announced.

"Wooo," I said as I looked out the window.

"Oh come on you guys at least show a little enthusiasm," she said as we turned to face them.

They were both staring at the Marriage certificates. I looked down and there it was witness signatures, our fathers names burnt into it.

To be continued: Revenge of the Fallen. (Not written yet but I will let you know when I do)