Marriage Made In Heaven - Chapter 38

Ethan and I didn't get to go home as the family descended on us and a celebration of the union was arranged. I was rushed off to get changed and by the time I saw Ethan again I was preened and polished within an inch of my life. He was stood across the other side of the room talking to someone and I got even more frustrated as every time I tried to get near him someone stopped me to offer their congratulations.

I was waiting for Millie too and was pretty miffed that she wasn't here already to offer me her pearls of wisdom on how to handle an interspecies marriage.

"Charlotte is not feeling very well today so Millie is trying to settle her," Zach said behind me.

"Oh," I said as I looked at him. "Can I go see her? Make sure she is ok?" I asked.

"If you wish," he said and transported us back to his home.

I could hear Charlotte crying and Millie trying to sooth her.

"What is wrong?" I asked as I walked in to see Millie.

"Oh I'm sorry I'm not there. I am really happy for you both but she won't stop and I didn't want to spoil your party with a crying baby," Millie said. "She won't settle with me or Zach," she said in frustration.

"Have you tried Luang?" I asked.

She looked confused.

"He is very good with Daniel and does this little bobbing dance thing. It wouldn't hurt to try," I suggested. "You don't just have to see him every time you have a problem. Visiting it welcomed too."

She nodded and Zach transported us to Luang.

"Oh dear," Luang said as soon as we arrived and he saw Charlotte. "May I?" he asked Millie.

Millie passed the baby over and burst into tears. Zach cuddle her and gave her an adorably soothing kiss.

Luang was doing his bobbing dance with little lottie just as he did with Daniel. He went over to his potions cupboard and retrieve something. He took a tiny bit of the powder and put it in her mouth. She stopped crying a pulled a funny face as she tasted whatever it was and seemed to like it. She motioned towards it again as though asking for more. He gave her some and she made 'num num' noises, as Luang lay her down on the altar and she lay looking at him in anticipation. He moved his hands gently over her belly and two other monks joined him to help as they massaged her tiny body. She lay there silently loving every minute.

"What did he give her?" Millie asked.

"Sherbet," he said. "Lemon favour. Daniel loves it."

We all giggled. Some potion that was. He just sweetened her up.

"You can go to the party whilst she rests," Luang said.

"But what's wrong with her? Why was she crying constantly," Millie asked.

"She is growing and teething, plus she has drank too much milk," Luang said. "Cut down on her dairy intake as it over fills her belly and she has an intolerance, give her more diluted drinks. She also doesn't like the fish you gave her earlier."

Little Lottie pulled a face.

"She wouldn't eat it," Millie said. "She hasn't been eating for a few days."

"She wants what you feed Daddy. Not baby stuff. Trust your instincts on what to feed her, not what you think you should feed her to appear a good mother. You are a perfect mother and have nothing to prove, even to yourself. Take a break. I will watch over her," he said.

"Why is she on there?" Millie asked as she pointed to the altar.

"We are massaging her as her bones are growing and they ache. Her body is stretching to accommodate them. She has her back teeth coming through and her rosy cheeks are burning. The acid from the teeth cutting through the gums is coming out in her nappy and burning her skin. She has a sore bottom which we are making a balm for. So go and relax, she is safe here. She is enjoying her pampering," he said. "Dance with your husband and rejoice in Liberty dancing with hers."