Marriage Made In Heaven - Chapter 26

A few weeks had passed and I was a miserable soul. I didn't know what time it was, let alone what day and I didn't care either.

I went to the monastery for my training with Luang, he helped ease the pain I felt being away from Ethan and Daniel.

Once he found me meditating in the grounds and told me tears were not meditation. He took a tear from my cheek and looked at it, I had seen my father examine my tears before. I wondered what they could see.

"What do you see?" I asked.

"Sometime tears are like a crystal ball and carry images, other times they carry a wish, a yearning like yours. See, your tear is a perfect dome, packed with as much moisture as it can take. Yet watch, if I roll my hand it doesn't fall, its stays in that shape," he explained.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Because you are not moving forward. You may have returned home physically but your mind hasn't. Forget the past you cannot remember as there is no guarantee you ever will. Stop punishing yourself for having amnesia, it is not your fault. Sometimes people forget things and it is not until one day when something familiar like a scent to stimulate the subconscious memory that they find it again and realise what they were missing," he said. "It is not forgotten, just misplaced. Just like you with your father, his scent is a comfort that you cling to because your memory is so new and the abandonment you felt when you were lost was so strong you dare not forget it again. You are waiting for something like that to happen again or to wake up and find it was all a dream. That will not happen so stop going down that road. Change direction and focus on strengthening your mind. Don't use all your energy on trying to appease others or trying to anticipate what they expect from you and adapting to it. The Liberty I remember would never do that. She is strong, independent, not a people pleaser, she is a take me as I am or not at all person. She would have no problem in telling someone don't get in my way or judge me as I don't need your opinion, my life is my own to lead and I will make my own mistakes and learn from them."

I knew there was some hidden monk meaning amongst it all but he was giving me the modern day version. I also knew he was paraphrasing things he had heard me say in the past. It made me feel stronger and I smiled as a little bit of fog cleared from my mind so I sat in silence meditating on it and developed a plan to strengthen my mind.

"Am I allowed to transport yet?" I asked sometime later.

"No," he answered. "Where do you want to go?"

"I thought maybe there is a library, I want to read some books," I said.

"I will take you," he said smiling at me as though my wanting to read books was a first.

"It is a first," he answered smirking.

"I want to read books on angel rules so I don't break them," I said.

He transported me to an amazing library and left me there to read saying he would come collect me in a few hours and see what I had learnt. Hours later I was totally engrossed in a book when I heard giggling. I walked between some stacks to sneak a peak but also find another book.

"Stop it, we will get caught," I heard a girl giggle.

"So what, I can't resist you. It is destiny for us to be together," the male voice replied as I moved a book in haste having recognised the voice. Ethan and a stunning blond angel were making out between the stacks.

My heart screamed. Was that his wife? Was she back? No one told me!

A sob broke from my throat and a hand flung to my mouth to suppress it. I couldn't take my eyes off them but they were far to busy making out to notice me. She was having my kiss, my fantasy, my Ethan.... And he was loving it more than I had ever imagined him enjoying kissing me as his hand slid up her thigh and under her skirt. She moaned as he pushed himself against her, kissing her neck and whispered sweet nothings in her ear making her eyes roll and another moan escape from her mouth until he silenced it with a passionate kiss.