Marriage Made In Heaven - Chapter 29

Ethan woke me with a gentle stroke of my hair and kiss on the cheek.

"I have to go," he whispered.

"Nooo," I whined and put my arms around his neck pulling him into a cuddle.

He laughed gently.

"I was having a great sleep too but I have been summoned by my father and have to go," he said quietly. "Are you ok with Daniel staying?"

"Yeah is he still asleep?" I asked surprised that he was.

"He hasn't been sleeping so I don't want to disturb him," Ethan said turning to looking at his son sympathetically.

"Oh the poor little angel," I said making Ethan smile. I hadn't seen that particular smile before but I loved it. "I'll take great care of him and smoother him in hugs and kisses."

"Make sure you do," he said with a kiss on my head. "He has missed you."

"So have you," I said and grinned mischievously.

"Daniel missed you more so make sure you spoil him," he said which sort of confirmed he has missed me but not a lot. I had wanted him to say he had missed me, was that so hard I thought as he disappeared.

Millie came over to see me as Daniel was still sleeping.

"Can I ask you something Millie?" I was pushing it but I had to ask.

"Go ahead," she said.

"You said before that we knew each others best and worst shags," I said.

"Mmm," she replied raising her eyebrow.

"How many men have I slept with?" I asked desperate to know.

"Not many, you're not the type to sleep around or brag about it so I don't know a specific number," she said.

"So what 2 or 3?" I said.

She laughed. "You're not that innocent."

I was gob smacked that seemed like a lot to me. "How many?" I asked again.

"Between 5 and 10 I think," she replied and I was floored!

"5 or 10!" I said aghast. "That is sleeping about!"

"No it isn't and some of them might not have been full on penetrative sex it might just have been foreplay. If you want to know how many men you have snogged that will take me a while to figure out a guesstimate," she said teasing me.

"Oh my god!" I said in horror. "Here I am feeling like a virgin as I can't remember sex and wondering if I actually slept with anyone... now my mind is thinking about masses of snogs, lots of groping and foreplay with multiple shags."

"Yeah but some of them you slept with for years not just a one night stand," she said trying to make me feel better but now my mind was whirling about who I had been in a relationship with and why we broke up.

"Did I ever get engaged?" I asked.

"On the earth plain yes but he was a moron and cheated on you so you dumped him," she said quickly. "I shouldn't be telling you this I will get into trouble."

I was flabbergasted, shagging 5-10 men, snogging and foreplay with unknown amount of men, relationships, broken engagements, affairs....

"You look pale are you ok?" Millie asked as she assessed my face.

"I have been dying to ask to see if it would start to initiate some sort of memory but it hasn't," I said. "What did my fiancé look like? What was his name?" I asked.