Marriage Made In Heaven - Chapter 25

A few days past and I was home again with my parents. I was still a little light headed and wobbly on my legs but Luang had fixed me up nicely. I was meditating daily and have even done some things with Luang that I used to without realising. I had fetched something for him and knew exactly where it was without having to think.

Daniel was transporting himself all over the monastery and didn't get told off once. Luang said it was because he couldn't transport out and there was nothing to harm him there. Daniel was even taking a few more wobbly steps which was hilarious as his favourite monk was so proud he cried. Angel babies are lazy when it comes to walking they transport so this was a real milestone and way ahead of schedule.

The monks had endless patience with him. One had been meditating in the lotus position when Daniel decided to go and plonk himself on his lap for a sleep. Luang just laughed and told me not to worry as they were all used to it and Daniel was one of the family he had spent a large amount of his life there.

I had finally got around to speaking with Millie about the ice lolly incident and she said it was nothing, she was being stupid as she knew how much her husband loved chocolate and had got jealous when she saw us together. Jealous because she couldn't transport to go get him treats like that as she was human not a Halfling like me but thinking back her husband greedy antics it was pretty funny as he had found the leftovers on the side and ate them anyway.

Seeing as I had lost my ability to transport due to my lack of compass, it was no longer an issue. I was going to have to wait a while for my body to recover but once it did my father would teach me properly.

I had not told anyone about my feelings for Ethan and tried my hardest not to treat him any differently. Part of me wanted to avoid him in case he could tell and because I was still sure he loved me, so being with him was torture as I knew he was married and it could never be. All I could hope was to see some amazing guy somewhere that would blind me to the love and make me wonder what the hell was I thinking, me in love with Ethan, dur... I don't think so. However, the chances of that happening were slim to non as I was blinded by my love for Ethan and comparing everyone to him. No one stood a chance.

Sometimes I just lay there with my eyes closed daydreaming about running up to him and kissing him. Just to taste his kiss, feel the warmth of his mouth on mine, to smell his scent....

"Libby!" my mother called breaking me from my now addictive day dream/porno/guilty pleasure/biggest wish ever!

"Yeah mum coming," I said and got up to go see her. She was in the kitchen.

"Cooking time," she said. She was teaching me to cook.

"Did you get it?" I asked.

"Yes," she said with a grin.

An hour later and we had finished most of it and were getting changed for the dinner guests.

Ethan was coming to dinner and I wanted to look the best I could. My heart raced as I tugged things from my wardrobe in a panic. Shit there was nothing he hadn't already seen me in.

"Here," my mother said appearing with the perfect dress. It was cute, sexy, casual, figure hugging, nice revealing neck line and she even had slip one shoes to match. "It is going to make your bum look great, he won't be able to keep his eyes off you," she said.

I looked at her in shock. "Who?" I asked dreading her answer.

She rolled her eyes, "Also wear your hair up like this," she said pulling it up out of my face, "He likes your ears," she said.

I nodded and gave her a look of gratitude.

She disappeared as we both got ready and I checked out my casual yet sexy look in the mirror. Turning to check out my bum and ears.... Hmmm.