Chapter 3

IU's POV

BRRRIIIIINN-SLAP

From the slight stinging of my hand, I could tell that I might've hit the alarm too hard today. Well, gotta vent my dislike for mornings somewhere.

What actually had an effect in waking me up was probably the smell of breakfast. I sniffed. Dat's my bro's cooking. I thought.

Following my nose, I walked down the stairs while slouching against the wall. My eyes were still slitted from sleep, and no matter how much I rubbed, they refused to open fully. I looked fabulous. I know that.

Using my IU senses, I managed to navigate all the way to the kitchen without breaking anything, including myself. That in itself was a major accomplishment, seeing as if I earned a dollar for each time something broke because of me, I'd be a millionaire. 

My brother greeted me with a, "Yah, IU. At least wear both your slippers." He paused, "Why're you so tired today?"

"Iuh hadth a tesste yasterdaiy." I squeezed through a yawn. I sniffed. "You know how I'm like after a test."

He tsked, then gave a little laugh. "Well, no offense or anything, but you look like crap."

"YAH! I'm more beautiful than you'll ever be!" I said, smacking him repeatedly on the shoulder.

"Arasseo! You're very pretty today. Happy?" he relented, holding his hands up above his head and surrendering to my assault of flappybird hype.

"Of course I am!" I tossed my hair over my shoulder and stole a pancake before retreating upstairs.

He sighed. "Aigoo. So sassy."

Later at school...

Jungkook's POV

I sat there in my seat, nervously clenching and unclenching my hand against the desk. Realizing what I was doing, I immediately stopped.

Just then, I saw her walk into the room behind another girl. She was rather pretty, to be honest. The other girl, I mean. 

She sat down beside me, glanced at me, pursed her lips, and started preparing for class.

So this is what being completely ignored by someone feels like. Huh.

"So. We get our tests back today. I bet I did better than you." I remarked, wincing as soon as the childish remark left my lips.

She made a face at me. 

"Yeah, right. As if an idiot like you can beat me in my best class."

The papers were handed out by the teacher.

I looked at my test paper. As expected, full marks.

I heard a rustling sound beside me and looked over. IU was hurriedly stuffing her paper out of sight.

"Yah, what did you get?" I demanded, unable to keep silent.

She didn't meet my eyes. "Nothing." she muttered.

"Let me see."

She leveled her gaze on me. "No. It's none of your business."

With an unexplainable urge, I snatched the paper away from her and looked.

"Tch. Seventy-eight percent!" I said, loudly enough to turn some heads.

Her face reddened, and she tensed.

"Jeon Jungkook! You wanna die?!" She yelled, desperately trying to grab her paper back.

I stood up and raised the paper out of her not so large reach. 

I laughed, thoroughly enjoying this. "You're even worse than Jimin, and that's saying something."

By this time, the chatter had died away, and the whole class was watching us go. 

"Jeon Jungkook. Please return Ji-eun's paper back to her. This behavior is utterly inappropriate!" the teacher scolded.

The sudden rush died away. I slowly lowered my arm to hand her her paper. 

Once again, she didn't meet my eyes. She snatched her paper from my hand and stuffed it into her bag. As the class went on, even I didn't have to be a mind reader to know that she was beyond furious with me by how she sat, with her hands curled into fists on her lap.

The students were now whispering behind hands and looking at us, taking glances at me and noting her.

After class, I tried to stop her from leaving. The last few girls reluctantly walked out the door at the sight of us. I grabbed her by both shoulders as she made an attempt to walk past me and follow them.  

It was supposed to be a fun little joke. After all, her test grade wasn't so bad. 

"You really should've done better if this was your best class." I stated bluntly.

When she didn't, I smirked and said, "Don't be so arrogant if you can't back it up-"

She looked up, and shocked me to speechlessness with her tear-filled eyes.

A/N: Ok, fine, that cliffhanger (MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) was a bit cringey, but really, there have been a lot worse... I think. Don't forget to vote and comment! Love you all!!! Saranghaeyo!!! (^•^)👍 (Lol. that thumb)