Chapter 18

IU's POV

An entire week with Krystal, sharing the same dorm, sleeping in the same room, and seeing her the moment I wake up everyday for seven days. 

Just kill me now. Please. 

"Now, I'm sure that you guys already know each other well, but let's play a game in order for us to meet all of you." The instructor said, gesturing at herself and her assistants, interrupting my self pitying. 

What are we? In kindergarten? Why do we have to play an icebreaker of all things? Just give us freaking name tags! I sighed sulkily but still joined the circle that everyone else was already in. 

The instructor explained the rules. We were going to toss a beach ball around in the circle. The beach ball was striped with different colors, and there was a question on each section of color. Whatever question our right thumb landed on, we would have to read aloud then answer. 

We started, and the ball was first passed to Suzy.

"What is your favorite hobby?" she read, then paused to think a little. "Um. I like horseback riding and baking." she decided. Then she tossed it to Baekhyun, who apparently liked the colors black, white and grey.

This went on for a while, and I kept my hands tightly folded in front of me, hoping that I wouldn't have to take a turn. 

The ball was then passed to Taehyung by Tao, and he read his question. 

"If you could have one thing in the world, what would it be?"

He paused, as a conflicting expression settled on his face. 

"Um." he said, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. He looked up, and his shy gaze met mine. I felt myself heating up and my eyes widening as I realized what he meant. 

"I would want for Jungkook to be less annoying." he said, grinning, and the others laughed. Then he passed the beach ball to Jungkook, who caught it with ease. 

"Same question." Jungkook said, completely unconcerned. "Well, I would want Jieun to go out with me." he said, his eyes on the me the entire time. 

Oohs, aahs, and general screaming could be heard from the people in the circle as the girls fainted or glared at me enviously.

He then laughed. "I'm kidding." he said, leaning back. "Tch. Who would want to go out with a potato-looking thing like her?" he scoffed. 

I mean, I could've played it off all cool and amazing, but instead, I stood there like a goldfish, my mouth opening and closing but with no sound coming out. 

The instructor, who hadn't been able to intervene in the situation suddenly held her hands up and said, "All right, settle down. Has everyone gone?" Seeing everyone nodding she then said, "Jungkook-ssi, please give me the beach ball."

Jungkook threw the ball to her, and I was about to breathe a sigh of relief when someone suddenly piped up, "Excuse me, but Jieun hasn't gone yet."

I glared in the general direction of whoever had said that, but immediately dropped my gaze when it met Taehyung's.

"Well, here." the instructor said, tossing me the ball.

I caught it and turned it over to see the question.

"If you could have one thing in the world, what would it be?" I muttered, trailing off, completely unamused at the luck in effect today. 

I looked down, determined not to glance at Taehyung nor Jungkook. This worked until there was a slight disturbance that made me look up.

Jungkook looked back at me, and I wretched my gaze away from him, only to see Taehyung.

I immediately looked down again, horrified at what I had just done. 

"If I could have one thing in the world, I would want to be able to run as well as Suzy." I murmured, wanting to be anywhere but where I was now. 

The game ended, and we filed messily to the cafeteria situated in the main building. 

I plopped down next to Suzy with a gigantic pile of food, completely exhausted, even though we didn't even have a full day today.

Suzy grinned at my plate-full of food. "Yah, do you plan on gaining twenty pounds here?" 

"No, thirty actually." I said, picking at my food, my appetite completely nonexistent. 

"I heard that we'll be waking early tomorrow for the hike. You should be able to burn those thirty pounds right off." she said, trying to hide her grin. 

I rolled my eyes at her while spooning soup into my mouth. 

Suzy and I  arrived at the cabin before Krystal and her room mate could. We grabbed our things and walked together to another building so we could shower and get ready for the night. 

I was already extremely crabby by the time Suzy and I had finished preparing for bed, and as I exited the building with my hair still dripping wet, the urge to sneeze overcame me. 

"AH-SPDHFUB." I sneezed, and immediately my nose started running.

Suzy, who had jumped about a foot when I exploded, whipped around to witness me with a fistful of tissues, trying desperately to stem the never-ending flow of nastyfulness coming out of my nose.

She let out a little spout of laughter, then immediately took a little box out of her bag and handed it to me. 

"I packed medicine for you, because of your terrible immune system." she said, sighing dramatically.

"Thanks." I said, gratefully taking the medicine and sniffing like crazy.

I yawned and hugged my icy hands to my chest and laid down on my bed. My mind flashed through the events of today, replaying the icebreaker and its cryptic questions.

I winced again as I thought of the misdirecting look I had sent both Jungkook and Taehyung. 

They won't take it seriously, right?

Something cold bumped my chest through my thin nightwear. I held my wrist up and admired how the light fragmented and glittered upon contact with the gems.

As I observed the bracelet, my thoughts wandered to the songbook Jungkook had sent me. I had packed it with me on this trip, though I still don't understand why I did that even now. It was gigantic, and weighed about two million pounds. 

When I first opened it, I had discovered the note on the inside cover.

Happy Birthday

~Jungkook

It was nothing special, but I often caught myself reading and rereading it whenever I had the book open.

The mishap that occurred during the game flashed through my head once more, causing me to curl up into a ball on my side with lighting speed.

I knew that I felt guilty, but there was nothing I could do at this point.

Just then, the door slammed, and Krystal strode in, bringing along her signature waft of gasoline-scented perfume. 

I gagged and lifted my blanket to cover my nose. As soon as Krystal saw me, she scoffed and laid on her bed, rolling over to face the wall. 

Who the heck wears perfume before they go to bed? I closed my eyes and resigned myself to sleep, my only thought was to not die during the hike tomorrow.

A/N: Remember the presents? Lover's bracelet? XD Don't forget to vote and comment!! Saranghaeyo!!! ^•^