Chapter 29

IU's POV

Days, weeks, months flew by, and before I knew it, spring was switching out for summer, meaning that allergies traded with mosquito bites. 

At school, Taehyung generally avoided me, which broke my heart even though I knew that there was no way for us to go back to the easygoing friendship we had before. Brief nods, muttered hello's, and avoided eye contact were the closest we got to interacting, if that could even be considered interacting.

Jungkook didn't talk to Taehyung, and ignored him even more than I did, which was met with an equally cold demeanor from Taehyung. Every time I witnessed this, I felt extremely guilty, as I knew that I was the reason why they weren't talking. 

Krystal and Suzy...well....they didn't get along, to say the least. At the tiniest things, bumping into each other, doing something wrong, would cause the other to snap and then they would start arguing. If I wasn't here, they would've already torn each other to pieces. 

There were good things too, though. Krystal became almost like another sister to me, and I discovered-to my surprise-that we both played the piano. So from that time on, we would both sit on the same bench and listen to each other play. It was rather soothing, to spend time like that.  

Jungkook and I grew closer, though when he tried calling me 'jagi' I gave him a horrified/weirded out expression. He stuck to calling me 'pabo' from then on. 

Naturally, all the good things were shattered by one freaking fateful week.  

"I'm moving out."

My hand that was flipping the page of my book halted at those words as I looked up at her, not sure if I had heard correctly. 

"Come again?" 

Suzy looked upon me coldly. "I'm moving out." she repeated slowly, like she was talking to a mental patient. 

"W-Wae?" I stuttered, setting my book down and standing up shakily to face her. 

"I'll be gone soon, just once I can pack everything. Taehyung said that I can stay with him."

I probably looked like a goldfish just then, my mouth opening and closing with no sound coming out. 

"You're kidding, right?" I said, giving a breathy and uneasy laugh that betrayed exactly how close I was to breaking down. I just love how great my acting skills are. They're so great that I can't even lie about eating the last cookie from the snack cabinet.

She didn't reply, just watched me with a poker face.

"But wouldn't it be easier for you to stay here for the rest of the year? It would be so troublesome for you to move at the end of the school year! I-" I struggled for words as an icy cold chip of dread slid down my throat and dropped into my stomach, blooming into a freezing pond. 

"It seems that it might be easier for you to not have me around."

"What do you mean? There's nothing wrong with you staying-"

"Just go and play another stupid piece on the piano with Krystal or something." she snarled, turning around and going up the stairs, her footsteps resounding heavily as she made her way up. 

I watched her, openmouthed.

Krystal sighed from the doorway, and I wouldn't have noticed her if she hadn't made that sound. 

"I can't believe she's moving out because of me. And with Taehyung of all people. How could he agree to that?" she muttered, scowling as she walked towards me. 

"Taehyung...? What about him?" I murmured in a daze.

"She likes him, obviously." she said, rolling her eyes, a bit of her former self coming out. "And I do too." she grumbled almost inaudibly. 

"You do?" I asked, surprised. "I thought you liked Jungkook." 

"Well...yes, I did, not really. But he's obviously smitten with you." she sighed, giving me a halfhearted smile. We stood there for a moment longer. 

"Suzy's moving out...ottuke?" I sniffed, sitting down on the couch.

"Come here." Krystal said, spreading her arms out to console me. I hugged her back, and marveled at how muscular she seemed, even though she was so skinny. 

Gawd, I must seem like a squishy potato compared to her. 

I could hear Suzy shifting things around upstairs, collecting her belongings in preparation of moving. I buried my face into her shoulder and she patted me sisterly on the back as tears dripped off the end of my nose.

Although, now that I think back, maybe it was just a nervous reaction of trying to stop me from ruining the back of her shirt. 

As it went, Suzy moved out, though I begged her not to. In the end, I could only watch as she loaded her belongings onto Taehyung's car. Jungkook, who had been out shopping for the day, hugged me and murmured assurances that everything was going to be ok once Taehyung's car had sped out of sight. 

But it wasn't going to be ok. The closest person to me now scorned me for reasons unknown, and Lay wasn't even around to comfort me. He must've been extremely busy if he couldn't even drop by home. 

Of course, things got worse from there, because life was just against me. I received a short and professional email late at night from my mother.

You'll be moving to America. Our family will be together. You will attend the college of your choice. 

~Eomeoni

A/N: Cliché? Yeah, so far it is (cough cough, hint hint*) Don't forget to vote and comment!! Love you all! Saranghaeyo!! :)