Final Chapter

Jieun's POV

The company kept me busy. Much busier than I would've liked. A year and a half had passed since 'the incident' as everyone calls it, and things were running smoothly. 

I put the stack of papers down and sunk back into my seat. Staring at the ceiling, I let out a slow breath and let my mind drift for a bit. 

BTS had become famous worldwide in the short time of a year or so. Suzy and Taehyung were dating, much to my delight, and Krystal worked side by side with me. Jungkook...well. 

My eyes opened slowly. I really didn't know how he was. We had gradually drifted apart because we had so little reason to see each other. Plus our schedules never fit perfectly in a way that we could go on dates that lasted more than a few minutes. 

I wanted to bang my head on the desk, but refrained at the chance of the desk breaking. Instead, I picked up the papers again, but this time with an idea slowly forming in my mind. 

Jungkook's POV

Backstage, Rapmon and Jimin in turn clapped me on the back. 

"Great performance, everyone." Rapmon said, grinning.

We all whooped, and gave each other high fives. Laughing and chatting, we filed into the studio room where we changed out of our outfits. Shrugging on my sweater, I was greeted by a shock in the form of Jieun. 

Jimin dropped the brush he was holding. Suga choked on his yawn. 

Spotting me, her mouth curled into a smile but didn't say a word. My manager stepped forward. "This is the CEO of Kia Motors. The company will be our main sponsor from now on, and we will be having many events at their company."

Everyone was staring at Jieun. She grinned nervously, and the girl from two years ago seemed to resurface again. "Annyeonghaseyo. Jieun-imnida. It's nice to meet you all."

"Jieun-ah!" Taehyung grinned. "I missed you!" He wrapped her in a playful hug and messed with her hair, much to the shock of our manager. 

I sighed. Some things never change. 

"Yah, yah." Jimin pulled Taehyung away from Jieun. "Behave." 

Taehyung rolled his eyes in response. 

"Still as ugly as ever, I see." Jimin scoffed, taking in the appearance of her now completely messed up hair. 

"That's my line." I said, my voice wavering slightly. I cleared my throat. "It's nice to see you though, Jieun."

She grinned at me, looking happier than any of the glimpses of her I had seen over the past year. 

"You too, Jungkook." The sound of my name sent something warm spreading across my body from my chest.

Our manager, who had been turning from paper-white to a pale shade of green, interrupted. Perhaps it was out of the fear that our informal treatment of the CEO wouldn't end well. 

"Um. I'm sure that Jieun-ssi has a busy schedule," he said loudly. "Maybe it would be best if you got going, we wouldn't want you to be late for anything." he said, turning to her. 

Her eyes still on me, she nodded slightly. "Well, annyeong. We'll see each other soon." she turned and left.

I had the strangest feeling that what she had just said was mainly directed toward me despite having said it to everyone in the room. 

My heart felt light, and I couldn't help the small grin on my face. 

A few hours later...