Chapter 12

Jungkook's POV

After hitting 'send' on a few hundred texts to Ji-eun, I laid back on my bed with my arms behind my head. Most of them were insults.

"Jungkook-ah." Taehyung called from where he was lounging on the couch. "Are you gonna do anything tomorrow?"

"Perhaps." I called towards the ceiling.

"Oh. Ok." He said, sounding slightly disappointed.

"Why do you ask?" I called over.

"Nothing. I thought that we could go out and do something fun tomorrow." 

"I still have that essay from class that I need to finish."

"You still haven't finished that essay?" he said, unbelieving.

I opened my mouth, the realization of forgetting to do something confusing me momentarily. "Yah, not everyone is as on top of things as you are."

"Yeah, because I'm just that awesome."

"Sure." I muttered. 

"I heard that!" came his reply.

I raised my eyebrows, but didn't say anything more. His hearing was a little too good for my wisecracking skills

After dutifully finishing my essay in about two seconds, I stretched, then hunted for something else to do.

Walking around the house with my phone in my hand, I sent nonstop sent texts/insults to Ji-eun. I couldn't understand this new obsession, even if every cell inside me screamed at me to stop.

She hadn't replied once, and I told myself I didn't care.

IU's POV

I wanted to chuck the phone across the room at the window, and hope it hits Jungkook. Is it really that preposterous for that nincompoop to take a hint?

The phone stopped buzzing sometime around ten, and I stayed awake for about another hour, feeling frustrated, and wanting to kill Jungkook's phone.

The night passed...

At first, I thought it was my alarm clock. Then I sensed that the pitch wasn't right, and finally, upon realizing that it was my phone, I groaned and wormed my head under my pillow.

"Aish! Stop..." I sighed, defeated by the phone. I really wanted to turn it off, but it was for emergencies. It's sole purpose was for Lay and my parents to contact me whenever something happened. Annihilating the phone would not be an available option.

"Ah. School. Great." I muttered, rolling out of bed.

As my morning blobbyness appeared in the mirror, I huffed and pulled resignedly at my hair. I got ready for school and went down to eat breakfast.

When I was out the door with plenty of time to get to school, I suddenly remembered the essay that was due this morning. 

Omo. Ottuke!?

What is wrong with me?! I've had literally perfect grades since the beginning of time, and had never messed up a test of homework assignment before last week....

Ah. Since last week. Now I know why my life is running away from me. Jeon. Jung. Kook. He needs to get out of my life. 

I sighed, relinquishing my iron determination. Getting him out of my life at this point was as possible as me falling in love with him. He was cold and unmoving with that stupid poker face on all the time.

Once I got to class, he immediately slid his phone in front of me.

"Yah, you wanna die?" I said, annoyed roughly sliding his phone back to him.

"How come you didn't answer?" He said emotionlessly, taking his phone back.

I ignored him and put my bag on the side of the desk to take out my class materials. 

"Why didn't you answer?" He repeated, taking his seat and leaning on me.

I grunted and pushed him back onto his seat. "Why the heck are you so annoying? Do you like going around and asking for trouble?" I was about to continue when the teacher interrupted us.

"Jieun-ssi! Jungkook-ssi! Class has already started, and yet you two are still talking. Both of you, please see me after class." Apparently the class had began, and everyone was watching us as we bickered. 

When the teacher turned back to the board, I sank my head into my hands until it hit the desk with a solid thump. Hurrah. Within a week of knowing him, I've just received my first detention.

"I'll be collecting your essays now. Please hand them to one person in your desk group and hand them to the group in front of you until they reach the front of the room." Ms. Ryong instructed.

"Ande ande ande.... Aish." I exhaled. 

"You didn't do yours too?" Jungkook said, looking at me in surprise. "I thought this was your best class." He scoffed.

"Omo, so you didn't do yours either?" I said scathingly, trying to cover up my uneasiness.

"Jungkook-ssi! Jieun-ssi! Please stop talking!" The teacher paused for a few moments, looking through all the test papers. "Did you pass in your papers?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"A-Annica." I stuttered, while the wimp next to me remained silent. "Joesonghamnida. I didn't complete the assignment." I muttered admittedly, my face flooding with shame. 

"I didn't either." Jungkook said easily. 

I gritted my teeth. So he was looking for an easy way out. For me to first break the ice, then to make his move of announcing that he didn't finish his homework either. Smooth, Jungkook. Really smooth.

The teacher looked at me with a disappointed expression. "You'll both see me after class, and we shall discuss what to do."

The entire class was looking at us, and I could feel my face increasing in redness with every second that passed by. Jungkook however, was being his normal level of stiff and cold.

Class went by smoothly afterwards. Or rather, as smoothly as it normally did with turning into an icicle beside me. In general, my head felt like it was gonna explode from shame and indignance.

I had nearly forgotten about the detention until Jungkook snagged my sleeve when I got up. 

"Yah, you get to stay here with me for a while, remember?" He yawned lazily.

I slowly exhaled, then sank back down in my seat, anticipating impeding doom.

A/N: I'm actually starting another story, even though I still haven't finished with this one....XD Whateves. Make sure to check it out! Also, don't forget to vote and comment :) Love you all! Saranghaeyo! ^.^