Chapter 25

IU's POV

Turns out, the 'special event' didn't get a chance to happen, much to my relief. On the last day, we headed with our mountains of luggage back onto the bus for another nausea-filled four hours. 

When we finally got home, I dropped all my bags and face-planted into the couch. The leg with the cast dangled off of the edge, and I didn't care, nor did I have enough energy to lift it properly onto the couch. It was Suzy who cleaned up after me, cooked dinner, and made me go take a shower.

"Gomawo." I grumbled, tucking myself sleepily into my bed. She yawned and stretched, then rolled into her own bed. 

I was just about to drift off when she mumbled, "Taehyung's coming over tomorrow with Jungkook. Thought you'd like to know." 

This yanked me back to reality, away from my floating in appreciation of how soft my bed was. 

"What are they coming over for!?! We just got back from that–I mean, we literally spent the last thirty hours with them!" I exclaimed, sitting up quickly in bed. 

"He said something about....Chinese lessons." Suzy groaned, folding her pillow over her head. "Now be quiet. I need my beauty sleep." 

With that, she started snoring softly, and I knew that she had already drifted off to Suzy land. 

Although I was completely exasperated, I also couldn't help feeling extremely happy at the thought of seeing Jungkook again so soon. 

The next morning...

I was chewing on the end of my pencil and frowning at a textbook when the doorbell rang, making me look up warily.

"Please don't be them. I didn't even prepare yet." I muttered under my breath as I watched Suzy rush over to open the door.

Of course it was them. 

"We'll be coming here every weekend for lessons!" Taehyung said cheerfully as he took off his shoes. 

"Um. No. I have other things to do too, you know." I grouched, setting down the textbook and pencil.

"Too bad." Jungkook said cheerfully, coming over and giving me a gigantic hug, but being mindful about my ankle at the same time.

"Arasseo. You two head to the study room upstairs. I need to get the materials from my room." I said, sighing as I walked resignedly up the stairs-but I still had a small smile on my face. 

Flipping through stacks of papers in my drawers, I cursed at the lack of labels on everything. It has been a while since I studied Chinese, but everything should've been in order and organized nicely anyways. 

The door closed with a quiet click behind me, and I turned to see who it was. Taehyung had just shut the door, and was surveying me from where he stood. Immediately, I sensed something was off from the uncharacteristically bitter smile on his face.

Why was everyone so strange these days? Aish, jinjja.

"The study is the next room over." I stated, even though I was aware of the fact that he couldn't have missed something so obvious. 

"I know." he said simply, walking closer slowly. "I just wanted to see what you were doing."

"I'm just getting some stuff, so you can go to the other room n-"

"Why're you dating Jungkook?" he said suddenly, cutting off my sentence and sending my guard up immediately. 

"Because I like him. Why else would I date him?" I said, looking at him strangely.