3

| Queens, New York |

Ace

"You hungry? I asked my grandma.

She was watching the Price is right on her new 28'inch color TV that I bought her. She hasn't been the same since my cousin got killed in front of the building. Shit is crazy. 

My cousin Q was my mans. He never bothered anyone, he was a real cool nigga, humble and niggas didn't like him for that reason.

They got some candles lit memorial outside the front of the building with his pictures, teddy bears and 40 ounce bottles that the hood poured out on the ground in remembrance. I'm still fucked up over that shit but I know him. 

He wouldn't want me to mourn him, he liked to be the life of the party and make people laugh. 

That what he was, a free spirit and will do anything to see his people smile. So instead of sulking, ima light one for my man's later.

"Naw baby I'm alright" my grandma said to me as she patted my leg.

I leaned over and kissed her forehead and she smiled. She was so small and cute to me. 

This was my main lady, she raised me alongside my pops.

"I saw the news about your fight with that Eazy E man Aceon" she raised a brow and tilted her head at me.

I looked down at my hands and nodded my head. I know she was disappointed, I can hear it in her voice and see it in her face.

"I know grandma...I know I shouldn't have been fighting, someone could have gotten hurt".

"You crazy?!"

I looked up at her when she said that. "Huh? I said I was sorry".

She raised her little arm in the air and balled up her fist, shaking it.

"You should have knocked him upside his head with a left hook!"

I busted out in laughter, which made her chuckle softly as she grabbed my hand and looked in my eyes, giving me a warm smile.

"No...No you shouldn't have did that Aceon, but baby you have to be careful. Nothing Is ever that serious to get into a fight over nonsense. People are punks, sissified and are so quick to pick up a gun".

I looked down as she spoke to me. I immediately thought of when Eazy came to my door, strapped. I guess we got him back when Dre got knocked with the henny bottle. 

That shit was really meant for Eazy, but this nigga was throwing with no aim.

"Yes ma'am"

"And what were you two even fighting about anyway?"

I licked my lips and scratched the back of my head that was covered by my fitted cap.

"A female".

Her face instantly covered in dismay. I know she wouldn't have approved me fighting since she always taught me not to fight over anyone, especially if they're not worth the fight.

"Aceon, you know better than to fight over any woman. If she wants to be with you then she will. You're a good guy, but if you have to fight a man for her, then how much does she really care for you?"

"Grandma, it aint even like that" I retorted.

I felt myself start to get defensive about this conversation. I just want to dead it. she really gonna trip if she if I tell her who the female was. I've spoken to her about Shayla and she liked the sound of her.