30

February 1995

| Good Samaritan Hospital |

Rih

8:32 AM

I watched Shayla sleep while I rested my head on O'shea shoulder. He has his arms wrapped around my body tightly, like he was afraid for me to move and a blanket that the nurse gave us. A small smile appeared over my lips as I looked around the room at Kim and Ren who was knocked out on the loveseat, and Yella who was sleeping on the other couch opposite from me and O'shea.

Eric punk ass hasn't shown up or answered anyone calls. But when he gets here, I got a couple of words for his ass. How does he think that it is okay to put someone you so call love in this situation? You know the streets talk and if you are willing to go out in public with this broad, thinking that your wife wouldn't find out...then you're really a piece of shit.

I got cut out of my thoughts as I watched Shayla slowly started sitting up in the bed.

"Lala", I said as I slowly stood up and walked over to her bed.

Shayla eyes fluttered a little bit, but met my gaze and she smiled. I bit my bottom lip while smiling and wiping my tears away.

"Bitch, you scared me", I admitted as I grabbed her hand and rubbed it.

"What.... why and why am I in a hospital bed?" Shayla said with her morning voice before clearing her throat.

I sighed, "Baby girl.... you see something that made you black out...you don't remember?"

Shayla stared at me confused, then looking around the room.

"Where's Eric? Why isn't he here?"

I shook my head getting angry at the sound of his name. It's his fault that we are in this situation. I stared at her with guilt in my eyes. She doesn't remember what she saw that landed her in this situation.

Before I could answer, I heard shuffling from Kim and Ren who was sitting up now and smiling. Ren stood up and came to Shayla bed.

"Damn...you got us out here scared and shit knucklehead", Ren said as he rubbed the top of Shayla's hair, making it a little messy.

She laughed softly, "I'm sorry, but what the hell is going on...why am I in here?

We all exchanged looks, but we didn't say anything. I'm not sure if Shayla want me to say it or she really doesn't remember.

"How your stomach feel?", I heard Yella voice say.

I turned and looked as he was stretching and walking over to her bed. Turning behind me, I finally see bae awaking as he scratched the top of his head and smiled at me. I smiled back then turned to Shayla.

"Its fine...a little sore but I guess I'm okay..." Shayla looked around at all of us. "Are Y'all keeping something from me...why yall keep....is my baby okay?"

"I...um...- "I stammered as I stared at Shayla's eyes that was filled with hurt, pain, and confusion.

We heard the room door open and a male doctor with slight grey hair entered the room holding Shayla's file. We all turned our attention to him. He smiled as he walked to the front of her bed, facing all of us.

"Good morning everyone" he started. "I am Dr. Myers...how everyone doing this morning?"

We all mumbled and smiled as we quieted down. Shayla looked confused as she stared at the doctor.