25

| Coutume Café |

Paris, France

Eric

"I'll just take a cup of apple juice and bring a cup of lemon tea for my guest, he'll be here shortly" I said as I handed the menu to the young male waiter.

"Oui", the waiter smiled as he took the menu and walked off to make my order.

It has been a busy day with the biggest step of my life I am about to make. I sent Shayla on a shopping spree just to keep her out of my way for a couple of hours so shit can run smoothly. She complained that she aint wanna spend time without me since this was our last day in France, but she has no clue about tonight.

I dug into my pocket and pulled out the small blue engagement ring box with a ribbon wrapped around it and sat it on the table as I opened it.

"Damn, I'm really bout to do this shit", I said as I bit down on my bottom lip.

The ring was perfect. my jeweler Jake got the hook up from Tiffany and Co to dope it up some more. As I looked up from the box for a brief second, I did a double take as I watched my guest walk up to me with a dark skinned, bald body guard. I smiled as I stood up to shake his hand.

"I'm glad you could make it...you don't know how much I appreciate this", I smiled brightly.

"Of course, man" He smiled as he still shook my hand, then patting me on the back. "I'm honored you asked them to be a part of your special moment", Brooke smiled as he shook my hand, letting go then taking a seat.

The waiter returned with our drinks and blueberry Danishes, compliment of the restaurant.  

We wasted no time talking about how I want tonight to happen. I had flown New Edition and his mangaer into sing while I propose to Shayla tonight in front of the Eiffel tower, but before then I had an appointment with Givenchy to pick up my tailored suit.

"So, they will be in front of the Eiffel tower playing the instruments but I don't want them to be there before I get there"

Brooke took a sip from his cup, then placing it back on the table.

"Okay Eazy, so you want them to sit from a distance or what?"

"Mmmmm", I said as I scratched my chin. "I'm guessing they could be kind of close so when I tell Shayla how I feel about her, they can be there".

Brooke nodded and stared at me for a second. I twirled my thumbs as I looked at the ring inside of the box.

"You having second thoughts?"  Brooke interrupted my thoughts.

"Nah, I mean what if she doesn't accept this?", I say while frowning.

I continued as I started blinking fast. "I just put her through so much man, the lying, the cheating, all different women, having babies on her and me-I..."

"Stop right there E", Brooke said as he put a hand up before leaning on to the table, letting his elbows rest on it.

Brooke continued, "The guys told me a million times about you and this young lady story. No one is perfect but you two have found your way back to each other after everything you two have been through and I doubt the last thing she would say is no. If god want it to be it will happen, regardless of what anyone else says. You must trust and have faith that you are making the right move, which I feel you are. All those women you've dealt with and who do you find yourself with in Paris, and ready to make an honest woman out of her?"