18

April 1994

| UCLA |

Los Angeles, CA

Shayla

"Alright young scholars, commencement is exactly one month from today", Dr. Zandell said as he paced the front of the auditorium, with his hands behind his back.

Everyone started cheering and clapping at the announcement of graduation. I am so blessed to be sitting here listening to those words.  I looked around the huge auditorium at the rest of my colleagues.

In exactly one month, I will have my medical degree. Dr. Shayla Grant has a great ring to it, don't you think?

"If you haven't cleared your balance for this semester, I advise you to do so or you will not be able to walk or attend the commencement. Of course we will have two more meetings about commencement before the actual day.... Understood"

"Yes, Dr.Zendell" everyone said in harmony.

He nodded, fixing his thick bifocal glasses on his face.

"Good, be proud of yourselves young scholars, you are one month away from changing the world and making a difference...this meeting is over".

The sounds of the chairs lifting up and people shuffling their feet, mumbling and talking echoed throughout the auditorium.

I exited the building and stepped out into the hot spring day as the sun shined down on top of me. three years ago, I was in a fucked up position having to stay with Rih and Cube again.

Things are so much better, I cant even complain. I am doing so well with my clinical rotations, I have a feeling that I am guaranteed a spot in the hospital when I gradruate. It would make sense since it's the hospital I've been working at I moved out here.

Walking to my truck and then hopping in, I hit the interstate to go home and relax. The wind blew through my hair as hit bout 85 mph towards my new home.

Life is good.

----------

I unlocked the door to my house and walked in and seen Yella and Ren sitting in my living room playing the Sega Genesis.

"Umm...what the hell are yall doing here?" I asked as I threw my keys down on the island of the table, then walking into the living room.

There were soda cans, Olde English bottles, blunt wrappers and a box of half eaten pizza sitting in the middle of the coffee table.

"Ummm...getcho asses up and clean up my fucking living room!", I spat as stepped over the mess that was on the carpet.

I stood infront of the big screen TV, causing these two to catch a attitude.

"Eazy told us to meet him here, he up at the studio with Bone thugs", Yella said as he leaned to the side, trying to peak at the TV.

Yeah, I am back with Eric and I live in Calabasas with him. Don't judge a bitch.  As far as that other light skinned bitch, Homica, he put her ass out and she has his son or whatever but I am here and she is not .

I am happy as hell and things have seem to been looking up for us, except one thing;

Ace.

Eric and Ace apparently have seen each other at some event and someone bump the other and some words were exchanged. Far as I know, I thought Ace was back in NYC caring for his grandma, but evidently he is back on the west coast and he wrecking havoc.