35

March 26, 1995

| Los Angeles, CA |

Rih

5:54 AM

I snuggled up against O'shea chest as I heard our bedroom phone ringing. I tried to block it out, but then I felt him start to move, which was now making me uncomfortable.

"Fuck!", I whined as turned over on my side and reaching for the phone on the night stand. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this A'rihana Jackson?",

I Sat up while rubbing my eyes, "Who's this?"

"This is Dr. Myers down at Cedars- Sinai Medical center" he said. "I am sorry to be calling you early this morning and interrupting your rest"

"It's okay...is everything alright?" I asked, concerned.

He paused before answering me, "I'm just calling to speak with you about Shayla Wright and her daughter E'mani Wright, is there a way that you can come down to the hospital now?"

I paused as I felt my heart starting to race. I didn't know what the fuck they were gonna tell me, but then again, she just had her baby and I know I was her emergency contact on her file, so she probably needed someone to drive her home.

"Yeah, sure I'll be there in about 30 minutes...is that fine?"

"Yes Ma'am, just check in with the receptionist and they'll take care of it from there"

"Okay...Thank you", I say as I hung up the phone.

I shook O'shea as I tried to wake him up, causing him to roll over and glare at me with Blood shot red eyes.

"Don't fucking look at me like that, get up", I rolled my eyes as I snatched the covers off me.

"For what?... damn a nigga can never get no sleep", O'shea scoffed as he pulled the covers over his head.

"I don't give a damn!", I raised my voice as I snatched the pillow from under his head" Get up, Shayla needs us to come get her from the doctor"

"Where her momma at?" O'shea yelled as he finally sat up. "She been gone for eight years the least she can do is pick up her ass up!"

I stared at him, then shaking my head, "Man I aint fucking with you", I said while laughing.

I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower, brushing my teeth and then getting dressed. I placed a pair of white sweats, a blue shirt with a pair flipflops, then getting lil O'shea dressed as well. It took us about 15 minutes to get ourselves together.

"O'shea hurry up!", I called from down stairs while getting lil O'shea a snack from the kitchen.

"I don't want that one mommy, I want the cheese crackers", lil O'shea whined as he jumped up and down.

I tipped-toed into the cabinet, grabbing the cheese crackers and handing it to him.

"Here, happy?" I said as I looked at him.

He smiled, then frowned as he examined the pack of crackers. I rubbed my hand down my face as he did the perfect snarl like his dad.

"What's wrong man man?"

He looked at the package then up at me, "The bottom cracker is broken mommy"

I jumped at lil O'shea, causing him to jump back, "You better eat that damn cracker"