19

A Week later

Eric

"So you think this one is it?" I asked Yella as I leaned on the jewelry counter.

"Mhm...Nah man, I like that one", Yella scanned the jewelry case and pointed to a ring that sat in the middle of the showcase.

I rubbed my chin as I looked down at the ring. That shit was perfect for Shayla. I've actually been shopping for an engagement ring for the last year since she we got back together.

Its time I man up and make a honest woman out of her, after all the shit I put her through she remained by my side and never left me. That shit is inevitable. If that don't tell me she's the one then I don't know what will.

"Aye Jake, lemme see that one in the middle", I said to the jeweler.

I been dealing with Jake for a long time, since NWA first came out actually. I got my kids their birthstone rings from his shop right in LA.

"Ah, Eazy this is a pretty stone right here. your friend Yella has good taste", Jake smiled as he gently handed me the ring.

This shit was perfect. The diamonds in this bitch was glistening like the sun on a hot sunny day in California.

"How many karats is in this?" I asked as I twirled the ring. "Shit is nice as hell man...good looking Yella".

Yella smiled and shrugged his shoulders, "I mean it just look like something she would wear man, she all boogie and shit".

"Yeah.... she a little high maintenance but a woman of her caliber deserves the finer things in life man," I smirked, then turned my attention back to Jake.

"That is 18karat gold and the diamond is 1.02 Karats, very special ring for a very special girl", Jake smiled as he nodded.

"You damn right, this shit is blinging man" I squinted. "How much is this one?".

Jake looked at the back of the ring case and back up at me, " 10".

Me and Yella exchanged looks. Did he just say ten, like ten flat or?

"Ten bucks for that, shit Eric get that shit man we been shopping for a ring and he said Ten buc...-"

"Yella man this fucking ring aint no ten dollars so cut the shit", I interrupted while laughing. "It's Ten what Jake?"

He cleared his throat, " Ten thousand".

Yella scoffed and shook his head, " You really about to pay ten grand for a ring she might drop down the drain?"

"...its perfect and I can't put a price on what she deserves man. Ten grand don't amount to half the shit I put her through. She deserves this piece man", I looked away from the guys, then looking down at the ring.

This ring was the one for her, just like the one for me. I know I've did real foul shit to Shayla but she accepted how I lived and the life style I was living was hurting her. I was a real selfish nigga, and I lost Shayla plenty of times.

But like my mom always said to me, "If it's meant to be it will be don't force it. When the time is right it will happen".

And now look. I been shopping for a ring for the past year, booked us a flight to Paris the night of her graduation. I crossed the line so many times but now Ima make it right. Its time I make an honest woman out of her, give her children and start a life together. Say hello to the man and goodbye gigolo.

-----------

Later that evening

I pulled up to the crib and seen another car in my drive way and these two-standing outside in front the house arguing.