Chapter 17 - The Fourth Attempts

I leaned against the wall for preventing someone from seeing me and ran slowly towards the gate as silent as a cat.

When I already reached the gate, I wanted to open the small door but something was coming to this way.

Quickly, I hid in the shadows and leaned against the wall  beside the gate. I heard the gate opened automatically and a roar of engine moving through it.

I gulped when I saw his familiar luxury car again as my heart started beating very fast in my ribs cage.

Well what was he doing in this late night?

"Please don't see me."I murmured to myself and prayed in hope that he will not seeing me here.

When he already far from me, I exhaled the breath that I didn't realised that I was holding.

The gate started to close again, I ran towards it very fast before it closed and slipped through it.

Finally.

I looked back towards the house and smirked.

See you again.

Then, I ran to the left as I looked around to see where am I right now. I slow down my legs and turned the corner to see all of it were only many various house.

Where am I?

My eyebrow furrowed because I didn't saw any car around the road so I just walked and followed it.

My breath hitched when I felt someone was watching me making me shivered.

I fasten my legs and I felt it was following me. I turned my head over my shoulder and I saw nothing.

When I turned around I felt someone grabbed my wrist making me screamed but it was muffled because my mouth was closed by a small soft hand.

My back contact a wall as my eyes widen when I saw a familiar beautiful face in front of me.

"Carol?"I said and gasped but it became muffled again because of her hand making her snatched her hands away.

She was the girl that prepared me and dressing me for the auction when I was kidnapped.

"Sorry."she said and stared me,"I think I know you--"she shriek.

I nodded,"It's me Zah--"

"Zahra!"she squealed and crushing my body with her hugged as I giggled and patted her back.

"Oh my god. You're alive."she said after pulling away but still holding my shoulder.

"Yeah, you're also alive from the fire."I patted her hand and grinning widely at her that still looking at me.

Suddenly she gasped and leaned against the wall beside me. Before I asked her what's wrong she put her index finger on her lips making me shut my mouth.

She peeking over the wall to look around then her shoulder slumped as if she was relieved.

My eyebrow furrowed when I saw her looked around once again then straighten her body.

"What's wrong?"I whispered and looked around to see something suspicious.

"You should have known that we can't walk around when it's already midnight."she said and looked at me.

What does that mean?

"Huhh?"my eyebrow furrowed when she said that.

"You don't know?"she asked me while looking at me suspiciously.

I shook my head as a no making her frowned. She stared at me longer making me uncomfortable.

"What are you doing here this late?"she asked suddenly making me gulped a lump in my throat.