Chapter 20 - Threatened

"Thank you Maya."I thank her when she put a plate of food in front of me.

I wanted to help her prepared the food but she refused it, she said that's her work so I'm just watching her while sat on this dining chair.

I prayed first before I digged in the food. My eyes widen when the delicious taste hit my tongue making me moaned.

"This is so delicious Maya!"I chirped and put another spoon into my mouth again making Maya chuckled.

Maya truly the best chef in the world.

I stuffed the food into my mouth even it's already full, like I was never ate before and unlike woman.

I was too focused with my own food as if I was answering examination without regardless of surrounding conditions.

When someone tapped my shoulder, I choked with own food that still in my mouth and gasping for air.

A hand gave me a glass of water, I grabbed it then drank it hungrily as someone was patting my back.

My eyes still watered, I gulped down the whole water in the glass until it finished making me sighed in relieved.

I heard the seat beside me pulled by someone but I ignored it. I closed my eyes as I put back the glass on the table to calm myself with a hand still rubbed my back to soothe me.

Well who was bothering me while I'm eating?

I opened my eyes then my eyes caught Emily put her palms together and mouthed me a 'sorry' .I gave her my death glared but she was just grinning.

Well she's standing across the table with Maya beside her right now. But, who was exactly sat beside me that still patted and rubbed my back?

I turned my head slowly to the right then my eyes widen when the deep blue eyes met mine.

Why must always be him?

"Are you okay?"he asked with those husky voice making me blinked my eyes.

Why he have such a pair of beautiful eyes?

I felt myself lost into those deep blue eyes that staring me with worried expression. When I felt him cupped my cheek, caressed it sending a jolted of electricity in my body causing a shivered goes down to my spine.

No one has ever doing that to me until he came.

"Like what you see."I snapped from my thoughts when he suddenly whispered against my ears.

Oh My Allah.

Why I kept staring at him?

I looked away from him as I slapped his hand away from my cheek then I got up from the seat and took a few step away from him.

I saw his eyes looked likes he was in pain but soon he covered it. He stared me first for a couple of minutes making me looked everywhere but him.

Why was he kept staring at me?

I screamed in my head, I saw him got up from the seat and walked around the dining table towards Maya.

Emily bowed her head to him before rushed towards me. I saw Maya and him whispered to each other but both of us can't heard it.

I arched my eyebrow and looked at Emily ,"What was that?" I asked her, nodded towards them.

"I don't know."she shrugged her shoulder and looked at them with some curiosity.

I guessed something was wrong?

Emily and I still looked at Maya and him as Maya nodded to all the words from him.