Chapter 49 - His Mother

"Are you okay?"

I asked Jack as Maya put ointment on his stomach that was already bruised.

He laughed, "Come on Zahra, this is nothing. I felt--- arghh"

He gasped in pain when Maya pressed it a little hard.

"Ooppss."

We giggled when Jack pouted at Maya, asking her to be careful.

I looked around to find Damien and saw he was at the balcony. He was space out as if something was bothering him. I stood beside him before he snapped from his thoughts, smiling at me.

My hand grabbed his large warm hand, "Don't think too much." I told him because he will stressed himself out.

He sighed, "How can I not?" he kissed the back of my hand before pulled me closer to his side.

My hand wrapped around his waist, tried to reassure him that everything will be fine. I understand he had a rough time but at the end of the day everything will gonna be better.

"You know I will always beside you right?" I asked, smiling at him.

He looked surprised when I said that before he gave me one of his beautiful smile that reached his eyes.

My heart races when I saw that and I looked away. I tried to make my heart calm but it was beating very fast.

Instead of him, I stared at the moon that shone brightly at the sky. "So beautiful." I murmured with me admiring the full moon.

"Yes, so beautiful until it takes my breath away." I heard him saying and I looked up, our eyes met with each other.

How can a pair of eyes can be so beautiful?

He moved closer to my face and closer until a voice interrupted us.

"Alright love birds. You can continue in your room. We're going to asleep right now."

I looked to my left and saw Katherine with her hands on both her hips looking at us with annoyed expression.

A giggled escaped my lips as Damien groaned before we went inside.

The next day, I didn't see Damien's father anymore. But Damien's step mother, Elizabeth stayed with us for a while.

I looked over Elizabeth and Katherine they were laughing at Maya's jokes. It felt much better seeing they laughing even though deep inside they still tried to recover from their problem.

"Ouh right! How old is your baby right now?" Elizabeth asked, rubbing my bump softly.

"Hmmm, I'm not sure since I don't have a proper checkup." I was honest saying that to them since Damien hasn't gave me approval to go outside. "Maybe it was 15-16 weeks already? I'm not sure."

"Yup mom, Damien won't let her to go check up. Well I can check her by myself but there's no equipment that I can used."

Katherine answered when she saw her mother was frowning.

Maya giggled, "Damien is just so overprotective. It's rare to see him like that."

I smile when I heard her. She was right since these pregnancy he was very overprotective. Well it's not that he wasn't before but he become more overprotective.

Even when I wake up in the middle of midnight to go the bathroom, he was already afraid that he didn't saw me sleeping beside him.

"Well we can't blame him. He love her so much." Elizabeth said as she hold my hand.