Chapter 21 - Secrets

Damien aka The King POV

"King, this is what she has done throughout the month."

One of my men gave me a file of her that I asked for them to watch what she's doing for over this month.

I grabbed the file and gestured my hand for him to get out of this room. He bowed his head first before walked out from the room.

After I heard the door closed, I took a deep breath and opened the file slowly. My eyes caught some pictures of her.

She's laughing.

She's smiling.

All about it was her.

Since I was born I never met her but I was only watching her from far away.

So close yet so far.

I wanted to meet her but does she recognised me?

His only son.

I still remembered when I asked my padre about her.

"Padre, can I ask you a question?"my twelve years old voice spoke.

My padre nodded making me smiled because he never wanted to talk to me.

I played with my finger first then spoke,"You know.. all my friends have their madre (mother).Why I don't have a mother? Where is she?"

My padre snapped his head towards me when the words slipped out from my lips.

"Your madre?"he asked making me nodded.

"Vieno qui."(come here)he gestured his index finger causing me to move towards him.

When I already in front of my padre, he slapped me hard across my face making me gasped. I held my cheek with my palm and looked at my padre with teary eyes.

"Your madre!.."he shouted making me flinched and whimpered.

"You want to know something?"he chuckled dryly,"You have no mother. You're just illegitimate child and therefore your mother leave you with me!"

And that's when I knew that I was just an illegitimate child.

I chuckled dryly and slammed my hand on the table. I'm just an illegitimate child but now I'm searching for her. I didn't even knew if she's remembered me, recognised me or even missing me.

She never wanted me for his child.

She never wanted to meet me.

She never wanted to love me.

She left me!

I slammed the file into the table causing all the paper and the pictures were scattered around the table. Closing my eyes, I put my head into my palm and groaned loudly.