Chapter Twenty Six *Edited*

The hard knock on the door averted Rose's attention from her phone. With a heavy groan, she lifted herself off her couch, and tossed her phone down. She wasn't expecting visitors, nor did she really want them. She stretched her back slightly. She felt nauseous considering Jin had confessed Hoseok about his true feelings towards Rose, and the upcoming talk Hoseok, Namjoon, and Jin along with her had her in the fragile mindset, anything could set her off.  She knew her limits and was open to everyone about the boundaries when it came this topic. 

She Inched her way to the door. Yanking it open, without much thought behind who was standing there.  Jin stood inside the doorway, a nervous smile on his face, his hands holding a pot of soup, and a simple white rose tucked in between his fingers. Her favorites. "Namjoon always brought me those when we were together," Her mind thought as she saw them. 

She closed her eyes for a split second, closing off the thoughts of Namjoon that slowly seemed to be slipping in. Opening them with a soft somewhat forced smile. "Jin, come on inside." She said nervously.  

"Sorry, I know this is a bad time. But I wanted to make sure you had something to eat, and that you were okay. I know the last few days weren't great, but I got worried about you." He gushed, rushing straight past her, and into the kitchen. She stood quietly in the doorway,  shutting the door with the back of her foot. "Sorry Rose Soup needs reheating." He shouts, looking over from the kitchen.  A smile extended across his lips as she pressed her back against the front door. 

"Jin you are completely fine. I'm okay. Just wasn't expecting anyone today." Rose said, walking over towards the kitchen island. Jin looked at her. A worried expression swept across his kind face. 

"Sorry, I should have called you. I was so busy trying to make this soup, I didn't think." He mumbled, taking his eyes off her. The guilt was obvious to Rose. But he didn't need to worry, Rose found his gesture rather cute. 

She blushed and walked towards him. Jin wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled Rose into his side. Resting his cheek on the top of her head.  He turned his head towards hers and grinned. "Oh, this is for you." He says,  grabbing the White Rose off the countertop. Raising it towards her eyes. She took the rose from his hand and sniffed the scent. His hand reached for her chin and tilted it so her eyes could look into his. "Is it okay if I did this?" His voice came out soft, and gentle. Like Namjoon, when he kissed me on the second date. 

"Do what?" Rose gulped. 

"This." Jin said, leaning over, and pressing his lips to her forehead. "It's a protection kiss."