Poison(Chapter Twenty One)

Jared's P.O.V

I drove Aleana to the hospital first thing in the morning. She was pale almost lifeless when I went into our room this morning. Her breathing was wheezy and erratic, her chest barley rises as she takes in air. Her eye's are shut and her pulse is weak. My sweet Lena is dieing and there's nothing I can do but just get her to someone who can help. It happened all to fast her sudden decent into bad health it's the third time in our relationship. The thought of losing her is my greatest fear. 

Hold on Lena just a little longer.

--------------------

I pace nervously down the hallway waiting for the damn doctor to let me see her. It's been two hours or for me an eternity. I called Shannon but he still isn't here, I couldn't even get a hold of Tomo. When I came in they said she was clinging to life by a thread. This was worse than the coma, worse than the miscarriage she was really dieing this time. I was almost to my breaking point, why was it taking so long? What's going on in there, is she going to be ok? I could feel the emotions boiling up about to run over. The sadness was sweeping over me and panic was setting in. 

"Jared!" Shannon ran down the hallway.

"She's dieing Shannon and i'm not by her side." I grabbed hold of my brother hugging him. Shannon gave the best hugs and this was one of those moments when a hug from him could set things right.

"What the hell happened?" His voiced muffled by my shoulder which was pressed into his face. 

"Went into the bedroom to check on her and she looked like she was dead but i saw a little rise in her chest and herd a wheeze and brought her here."He squeezed me and let go."

"Have they told you anything?"

"No and it's killing me."I leaned against the wall.

"She's a fighter she'll be ok, i promise you that." Shannon held my shoulders.

"Mr. Leto." A doctor called from outside of Lena's room. Shannon and I ran up to him.

"That's me." I looked at him terrified. 

"You may want to take a seat right here." He pointed to a chair across form the door. My worst fears where becoming reality. I shoot Shannon a panicked look. He quickly grabbed my arm. 

"Jared." He held me in his grip looking at me with strength and sadness. I slowly lowered my self into the chair. Shannon stood next to me.

"You are Aleana Allen Leto's husband correct?" The doctor asked.

"Yes I am."

"And who might you be?" He asked Shannon.

"Her brother in law."

"Ok well I have some good and bad news."

"Just give us the news." Shannon said.

"She is going to be ok, but her recovery is going to be hard she is going to need a lot of support." A giant weight lifted off my chest.

"Ok, what's wrong with her." 

"Well a few things showed in her blood but damage could have come from several other environmental things as well as the......" The doctor looked at his clip board.

"Ok."

"Do you know If Aleana was addicted to any drugs or had been using any?"

"She would never do drugs!" I looked at him shocked.

"Well then we have to assume that the man who had been poisoning her had also been slipping her narcotics." He wrote something down on a piece of paper.

"Poison!" I looked at him stunned.

"Yes it appears that she had been consuming a dangerous substance causing her body to deteriorate the mind however was slipping from both the narcotics and the other substance that has not yet been determined." I looked at him dumbfounded not able to speak. My thoughts where racing and my heart was sinking. I was terrified and furious, one for my wife and two for fucking Jason. I would kill him if I could but I can't. The doctor looked at me waiting for a response but I couldn't speak. 

"Are there going to be long term affects?" Shannon spoke up.

"There could be any number of things but we won't know tell down the line, she could pull a 360 and be just fine after a month of treatment." The doctor didn't sound at all confident when he said pull a thee sixty which made my hope dim. 

"Can we see her?" Shannon put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed. 

"Yes she should be stable enough for you to see her, I have to send my reports down to the police station but I will be back into the room soon." The doctor started to walk down the hall. 

"Shannon." I grabbed his arm as he walked forward.

"What is it Jared?" He looked at me worried.

"Can I see her alone please?" I stood up slowly looking at the door.

"Are you sure you want to go alone?" He said studying my expression.

"Yes." He nodded and sat in the chair I had just risen out of.  I slowly walked over to the door, twisting the cold nob and walked in.

She laid there staring out of the window. She was awake I could see her eye's open.

"They said my kidneys would have started to fail within another week, so would my liver, and my lungs, eventually i would died from suffocation slowly alone in that warehouse." Her voice was sad an distant as though she where somewhere else in her mind but talking to me. 

"Lena I'm sorry." She continued to look out of the window.

"Why are you sorry?" She asked i could see her eyebrow move inward. I walked closer to the bed.

"I'm sorry that it took me so long to find you, to save you, i'm sorry that you saw all those things, that he hurt you, that he nearly killed you." I set my hand on her hip.

"It's not your fault." Her voice craked she was struggling.

"Lena." She turned over. Her face was pale and sad. Her eyes where teary and miserable, there was fear in them. I crouched down and looked her straight in the eye's.

"I am never letting him hurt you ever again and we are going to be a happy couple with no problems just happy things." She started to cry. I placed my palm on her cheek using my thumb to wipe away some of the tears. 

"Please don't cry, what can I do to make you feel better." Her frail frame shook as she cried. 

"Don't leave me here I don't want to be here." She moaned.

"I won't I promise I won't leave you here." I moved up pulling her into me. My mother had taught me many things but I had never realized how much my mother was influential in my marriage. I thought of my mother being alone and I could never imagine leaving Aleana alone like that. Even if I died she would have Shannon to take care of her. Where is my mind drifting to? I felt her stop shaking.

"Do you want to rest?" I asked. She nodded yes. I sat in a chair in the corner watching her as she fell asleep. 

I'm so sorry Aleana.

 (A/n)

Long time coming to get to this chapter. Let's just say i've been busy. This chapter is on the sad side I know but I promise that they will be a happy couple eventually with no problems other than the usge. What did you think? Did you like it? Did you miss me? 

Comment, Vote do your thing.

Love you all my fab few creeps!

XXMMARMF