Hope (Chapter 22)

Jared P.O.V

Two long months had passed. Aleana had moved completely in with me at long last. With the help of Shannon and Tomo she was getting better. Her mental stability had increased ten fold. Jason had gone on trial and was in prison. Hannah had been slightly more fortunate and was in a county jail. Even tho Jason was safely behind bars, he still tormented Aleana. In her nightmares, her memories, and in the physical damage he had done to her body. There was a fire inside of me that burned at the thought of his hand hurting my wife. The memories would never leave me nor her. This was a scare left on the both of us. Only the one i loved was cut more deeply. 

Aleana wasn't the same woman anymore. She wasn't afraid anymore but she was damaged. He had hurt her soul, and you could see it. The way she lived her life was different after her return. She was my wife and I stood by her on each step of her recovery. It had been a long journey for her. 

Today she graduated from therapy. Her therapist said she had made great strides in so little time. That was only something we could have wished for. There was a glimmer of light in her life again. I was so happy for her. We were all happy for her. 

We were eating dinner. She was smiling again finally truly smiling again. I sat there mesmerized by that sweet smile. I hadn't seen her smile like that in such a long time.

"What are you starring at Jared?" My eyes lifted from her smile to her eyes. Her clear hazel green eyes.

"Nothing." I said plainly.

"Oh just tell me." She groaned annoyed with my response.

"Your smile." Her hand moved up to her lips. It was such a strange gesture.

"Oh." Was the only thing she said.

Her hand rested on the table. I reached over and laid my hand atop hers.

"I missed that smile." Her eyes glinted for a second. I smiled at her warmly.

"For awhile there I think I forgot how to." She said with just a hint of sadness in her voice.

We walked into the house and you could hear, just barley the sound of drums. Aleana had heard them to and rushed towards the sound. Her attachment with Shannon had grown while I was out doing things for my movie Dallas buyers club. He was her best friend, her older brother, and her second favorite companion. She stood in his embrace for several minutes. When she first started telling us about her time in the  wearhouse, she had said she had seen many horrible things. Hallucinations some of me, some of Tomo, but some of the worst had been of Shannon.

We never got her to tell us what she had seen.

"Ehem." I coughed. Aleana released Shannon, broke his embrace and walked over to me.

"Sorry don't be jealous there is no reason to be." She whispered to me before leaving the room. I watched her walk away. Turning on my heal to face Shannon made me a tad off balanced and I fell forward slightly.

"So how was dinner?" He asked with warmth In his words.

"She did great, she smiled for the first time out in public." His eyes widened.

"Finally, she gets so anxious out of the house." A smile spread across his happy face.

"She's almost herself again." I sighed.

"You know she'll never be the girl you watched for months and fell in love with." The smile faded as he spoke the truth.

"I know but she is getting back to a place where she is happy, truly happy." The sadness in her heart was fading away at long last and her warm heart was slowly shining through.

"True, do you think she will relapse if we go on tour in two months?" That was a question I had been asking myself a lot lately. I honestly didn't know if she would be ok if we left.

"I hope she will be fine, I can't exactly cancel the second part of our tour." I want to for Aleana but I can't disappoint the echelon. I frowned. This had been taxing on my mind for days now.

"True I just worry about her being alone." His frown matched mine. I nodded in agreement.

"There's hope for Aleana, and that's all that matters." I said more to myself than Shannon. With that last statement I turned and went to my room. I went to my Aleana.

A/N

So not long at all but I needed to post this.

I love you all, my fab few creeps!

XXAlyriaSkeleton