Plus Sign (Chapter Twenty Three)

"Hold me just a little longer." I whispered as Jared tried to get out of bed. Looking down at me with a sigh he moved right back into his holding position.  

"I really do have to leave soon." Knowing that he had to leave was frightening for me, it triggered my PTSD and i just wanted to hold on a little longer.

"I know." One arm slipped away and then the other.  He slipped out of bed, I watched him get ready. He always gave me a show. 

Jogging over he gave me a quick goodbye kiss before heading off to get the guys.

This tour was going to be the biggest test to our relationship, would i be strong enough to do this? For the last two weeks they'd been trying to prepare me. Sometimes I felt like a child being left alone for the first time. There was a list of emergency contact numbers on our fridge. The hotel numbers if they were staying in one, venue numbers, manager numbers, assistant numbers, all the numbers were there. Constance would be coming to see me every so often which always made me nervous. We got along but she wasn't very happy that me and Jared were married. She says we rushed into it, which in all fairness we did. We work well together, there is this spark of love between us that is hard to explain. I'm not perfect and neither is he but together we are perfect. Maybe its the way he looks at me with more intensity than the sun, or maybe its the way my heart aches for his presence. It's just how it is, it's Jared and Aleana and that is something called perfection. Sometimes I think she doubts my feeling for her son, it is understandable because women constantly wanted the material Jared not the man on the inside. But that was never me, to me he was an extraordinary spirit that drew me in like a fly to zapper. He had also decided that Emma should come hang out with me, there is nothing wrong with Emma we just clash. Something about her just doesn't mesh well with me... Jared loves her tho so I try my best to get along with her.

Getting up I threw my hair in a messy bun and pulled on some baggy sweats. I grabbed one of Jared's cut off's and put it on. Purse in hand i headed out. I was going to a convenient store. Call it a woman's intuition but i felt the need to buy a pregnancy test. Stupid yes but was i wrong no. 

I grabbed an EPT test and walked up to the clerk. 

"Will that be all for you miss?" The clerk didn't even look up at me. It was rude but yet again working at a convenience store must drain your good vibes.

"Yeah." I handed him a twenty. He saw my ring and looked up. He grabbed the twenty showing me his gliph tattoos. He's an echelon for sure. 

"Aleana LETO!" He looked like he was going to faint. It was weird for me to be treated like someone special. But it happened more and more often as time went on.

"Yeah that's me." I smilled. It was always nice to be reconginzed. 

"Wow." He looked at me with awe it wasn't like i was that special. 

"Well it was nice meeting you, go ahead and keep the change." I quickly walked back out to my car. The box in my hand, made my stomach knot up.

On my way home my thoughts raced and raced and raced. Jared would be home this afternoon, and the next day then he would be gone for months. Being pregnant alone is a very drowning thought. But maybe I was just being paranoid. Deep breaths; in out, in out, in out. My mind calmed by the time I got back home. Locking my car up I jogged into the house and straight to the bathroom. I sat down and looked at the box. Open it. I hesitated this was gonna be an intense few minutes. I opened one of the small foil packets and did the first test then the second. I paced and paced waiting for the results. Less than a minute. Forty five seconds. Thirty. Fifteen. The alarm I set screamed at me, notifying me that it was time to check the tests. Nervously I looked and low and behold two plus signs. I was most likely pregnant, and I was terrified.

I didn't want to call Jared but I know I have to. So I pulled out my phone and dialed. No answer.