Prologue

Prologue

"Osamu..."

The fragile seeming voice made Dazai Osamu turn around and look at the younger woman, about a year and a half younger than he himself was.

She felt out of place, he clearly saw that. Her brown eyes met the floor as she fidgeted with her hands nervously. A small smile fought its way to the older males lips as he patted the woman's head gently and said "This is for your own good, Isa."

The woman only nodded and made herself a little smaller on the spot. "You can go sit down over there." The male then replied and pointed to a seating area. Again, the woman only nodded and then headed over to the sofa, sitting down, folding her hands in her lap and gazing at the floor.

"Who's that?" Kunikida, a blonde haired male with glasses, asked Dazai with a raised brow, looking up from his book. The brunet male smiled — it seemed saddened — and said "Someone who needs protection."

That said, he headed towards the boss' office to set a few things clear with him. In the meanwhile, Kunikida got a better look at the woman Dazai brought with him. Her brown hair was in a loose braid, it went to her chest, maybe a bit longer. Her brown eyes held a hint of insecurity and anxiety within them.

Kunikida noticed how she was fidgeting with her hands, which where covered by black gloves. What for? It is summer, so what are those gloves for? It irritated him slightly, but he shook the thought of irritation off. Her clothing style looked quite similar to Dazai's and just then it hit him.

"Is she gifted?"

Fukuzawa Yukichi, the boss of the Armed Detective Agency, questioned, as he looked at Dazai, who was standing in front of him with a look of concern spread across his features.

"Yes." Dazai replied.

"Has she ever used her gift?" Fukuzawa then asked, which was replied to with another "Yes."

"Has she been part of the Port Mafia along with you?"

That question lingered in the room for the split of a second, before Dazai answered with "No." Before the boss could ask another question, Dazai began "Nobody knows that I have her. Mori found out not too long ago, though. Now he wants her. And I need to know her safe and sound as long as I am out and fulfilling assignments."

Silence filled the atmosphere around them, as Fukuzawa processed the words the male in front of him had just spoken. Then he asked "And why is it, that you need her protected?"

"Because, if she gets into the wrong hands, she will be the ultimate key to destroying the entire planet."