Nine

"Dazai-chan, I'd like to have a word with you when we get back."

Those words haunted Isana a little as they were on their way back to the headquarters of the Mafia — separate, of course. No need to pull too much attention to them.

Chuuya kept on glancing over at his younger partner and gave his best to hide the concern that dared to show in his eyes. He was worried that he might do something to her.

He could just hope that nothing would happen to her. He couldn't bear the thought of anything happening to her. Okay, the copper haired male would never openly admit it to her, but he felt something for her that he had never witnessed before. Something that normal humans called love.

But was it really love that he felt, or just the mere longing for another human being close to him. Another friend, possibly.

But who was he to tell. He had no idea. All he knew was that he cared deeply for Isanas wellbeing and he had a feeling that this word that the boss wanted to have with her wouldn't end up peacefully.

"Come in."

Isana gulped as she stepped through the large doors and into Moris office. He sat in his chair at his desk, his hands folded and his gaze fixated on the small figure of Dazai Isana.

The brunette stepped forward until she came to a stop a few steps away from the desk. She folded her hands behind her back and kept a straight posture as she faced the boss, awaiting for him to speak.

"You were supposed to not get in the way. You do know that, right?" Mori began, practically staring her down. She shifted nervously under his gaze and slowly shook her head.

"I'm afraid that I wasn't completely filled in on the details of this mission. I was only told to head to the designated meeting point and that the organization calling themselves the Guild had something to do with the mission." She was surprised that her voice sounded as calm as it did.

Mori nodded in thought and continued to watch the young Dazai standing before him. It made her more than uncomfortable.

"Who told you about the mission?" He asked. A certain fear crept up inside of her that he would punish Chuuya if she told him. So she bit her lip and then said "I found out myself."

"You're a terrible liar, Dazai-chan." Those words made her completely freeze in fear. What would he do now? Or more importantly, why couldn't she move? This fear was eating her up.

"Care to tell me who it really was?" He then asked and got to his feet, slowly stepping forward and beginning to circle her, watching her like a hawk. He was the predator and she his prey.

Isana gulped before she slowly managed to form the words "It was Chuuya."

"Ah, that stubborn little boy." Mori spoke, as if it wasn't such a big deal. But deep down she knew it was. "I can't believe that he actually wants to go against me." He continued with a disappointed sigh.

Isanas single brown orb widened at those words and before she could even think it through, she pleaded "Whatever you want to do, please, leave him out of it and do it to me. I'll do anything, but please leave Chuuya out of it!"

When she actually realized her words, it was too late to take them back. Mori burst out laughing and when he calmed down, he spoke "Young love, how adorable."