Eight

Dazai Isana.

Remember that name.

In the short while that she's been part of the Port Mafia, she's become the most feared executive. She climbed the ranks faster than anyone could imagine. And all of that just because of her ability.

There was far more to The Face of Another than anyone had thought. Not just simple enhancement. She could enhance people from afar, hell, she could control their minds and actions. Like a puppeteer, with invisible strings tied to everyone around her. Everyone could become a pawn in her game.

Isana had earned a lot of respect and had gone on a lot of missions. She learned to live for the job and she learned to love it. She also had finally come to peace with her brother.

Dazai Osamu closed the door to his apartment and immediately knew that he wasn't alone.

"Ah, come to visit me, dearest sister?" He asks as soon as he recognized her familiar figure in the doorway to the living room. He knew that she wouldn't try anything, she didn't have the guts to kill or harm her own brother.

"I wanted to talk." The brunette girl didn't look at him, also did she fidget with her hands behind her back. She was nervous, Osamu could see that, as well as uncomfortable. "Of course we can."

The siblings went into the living room. Isana sat on the couch and Osamu on the armchair next to it, staring her down. "Well, what did you want to talk to me about?" He questioned and continued to stare at his sister, breaking the silence.

"I'm sorry." Isana blurted out, which made Osamu frown and ask "What for?" "You've tried to keep them away from me all these years and in the end I practically jump into their arms. It was a foolish move, bu-"

"I understand." Osamu interrupted her and gave her a soft smile. "I don't necessarily approve of your move but it's your life. I can't control you and your actions, or what job you have. If you like it then you should continue to do it. But please don't get yourself into trouble because of your partner."

Isanas head shot up and she stared at her brother for a while. "Did you think I didn't notice? Not even your choker can hide it." Osamu said and snickered as he watched his younger sister blush a dark red. He had actually spotted a hickey on her neck.

"How is he treating you?" He then asked and watched Isana slowly recover from his aforementioned discovery. "Why do you want to know that?" She muttered and averted her gaze — like she always would. His beloved sister was such a tsundere sometimes.

"I doubt that the boss woul—" "He knows." Isana said, silencing her older brother. Osamus eyes widened. "He found out, I don't know how...he's blackmailing Chuuya. I don't know what with but I just know that he is. Chuuya has been acting kind of off lately."

Osamu let his words sink in before he said "End it. Whatever that is between the two of you. I don't want you to end up getting hurt." Isana shrank a little in her seat and replied "But I can't. He's my partner, we couldn't avoid each other, even if I did end it."

"Isana, please. I don't want you to get hurt. I've worked a long time with Chuuya and he isn't the nicest most of the times—" "I know that." "Let me finish. He's a cold blooded murderer and I doubt he's ever felt something like 'true love'. I just don't want you to end up getting hurt by him. It's my duty as a brother to worry."