Eighteen

"Out of all the previous Mafia bosses, Dazai Isana will be the easiest one to take down."

Kunikida said as he and the rest of the agency detectives were gathered in their conference room. He looked at Fukuzawa as he spoke but occasionally shot a glance towards his suicidal partner.

"Because we have her brother on our side." "She'll never be that stupid to come running if something happens to me." Osamu mumbled. Ever since he found out that his sister was the new boss of the Port Mafia, he hadn't been himself. He was just staring into space right now, leaned back in his seat.

"I believe she will. Being new to her position will make her partially unstable when it comes to rational decisions as soon as she hears of you being injured or hurt in any way, Dazai." Kunikida spoke, now turning his full attention to his partner.

"But still, she won't fall for that. I know her too well." Osamu shot back, still not looking at anyone or anything in particular.

"I say we test it." Fukuzawa then all of a sudden spoke, pulling all attention to him.

"If we take down Isana, then we can take down the rest in a chain reaction. And we can finally get rid of the Port Mafia." The president said and looked at Kunikida, nodding at him. The blond immediately knew what he had to do.

It was as if they've never been apart.

Back then, Isana would occasionally sneak into Chuuyas room at night when she couldn't sleep and then she'd lie in bed with him, snuggled close to the taller male. At first he had always woken up confused, but soon he ended up actually waiting for her.

This night was no different. But that's because Isana had a bad feeling. She knew that people would want to try and overthrow her like she had overthrown Mori.

Chuuya didn't look at the shorter brunet as he felt the mattress of his bed sink in and seconds later a head resting on his chest, an arm wrapping itself around his waist. He gently wrapped an arm around her and hid his face in her hair.

"What's keeping you up?" He asked her quietly. "I just want to enjoy the time we have." The girl replied, closing her eyes as she slowly began to relax, unlike all of those nights without him. She had really missed him.

Silence lingered above them for a while and the copper haired male had begun to think that his love fell asleep, when he all of a sudden heard her whisper "Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim."

"What the hell does that mean?" Chuuya asked, to which she replied with a soft smile "It's Latin." "And will you enlighten me what it means?" A low sigh left Isanas lips, before she quietly spoke "When the time comes then you'll find it out yourself."

That said, she fell asleep only moments later.

Dazai Osamu felt like he couldn't breathe.

He shot up in his bed, it was maybe ten in the morning and he had a day off today, actually. But there was this weird pain in his chest that made him wake up.

He immediately knew what it had to be and despite the fact that he probably would have orders to stay back, he couldn't help himself. He jumped up and got dressed as quickly as he could, grabbing a gun, before he sprinted off.