Dire Emergency

HELP ME!!!!! MY TRUMPET GOT DENTED!!!!!! I NEED SUPPORT! I DON'T WANT TO FACE THE WRATH OF MR H ALONE!!!
Story:
   So, my dad is going to hunting tomorrow morning. And he had a lot of his hunting clothes on our couch. Well, I wanted him to hear how well I could play Sail, so I set my case on top of the hunting clothes with my band binder setting in the case. After I was done playing, he asked whether I had the covers pulled back on my bed to conserve heat (hardly any heat gets back to my bedroom in the winter). I set my trumpet in my case (without taking it apart or anything; it was just sitting I there) and went back to check my bed. As I was readjusting my covers, my dad yelled my name and I heard a big crash and a thump. I cringed and said,"Was that my trumpet!!???" He said yes. I finished adjusting my covers (which took like five seconds) and rushed to our living room. My dad said that he tried to stop it from falling and landing hard with his foot. Ouch to both of them. I picked it up and.....the bell was dented. 😩😰😥😪 he said that it landed right on the edge of my case. Clarinet cases aren't the only ones that are sharp. My dad said that if he got something round to stick in the bell, he could smooth the dent out. He did, and it wasn't as bad. I cleaned up everything that fell from my case (lightsaber and all)  and put my trumpet away. Now the only thing that's left:  tell mr. H. What am I gonna do guys????????? I was gone for one minute and it let to disaster!!! So much for a responsible band student. I am so dead. Please help me and give me advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!