Send-off

So, this happened on Tuesday. We were let out of school at one o'clock that way whoever wanted to watch the senior basketball girls play at their tournament could go watch without missing school.
   Well, we were rehearsing in Advanced Band this morning when our principal walked in. He walked up to our director and asked if we could play one or two songs to send off the girls. (We always have these things where the students line up with posters in either side of the road and cheer while the bus drives down it to send them off.)
  So, after some debating, we came down to two choices: Mambo No. 5 and Seven Nation Army.
Jimmy, the baritone player, raised his hand and was like,"We should vote on it!"
  Our band director then exclaimed,"The is a monarchy, not a democracy!" which earned some laughs form the band. So, we settled on those two songs.
   At fifth period, I was in the band hall for our music academic class (yes, there is a difference between band and music at our school), which was when we were having our assembly.
   So, I had my music out and I was ready. We played our music as the bus drove by. It was so fun! We also played our school fight song.
  When we had some spare time, our director asked us if we wanted to play any other songs. As everyone started blurting out answers, I blurted,"Crazy Train!" Jimmy, who was in front of me, turns around and says,"I swear, if you say Crazy Train one more time..." The baritones and the trombones have tricky parts to play.
  What was funny was we are looking at the school's Facebook page later, and the send-off was titled:
               High Senior High Girls Go to                                                                 Tournament!

They had to fix that.

What was kind of funny was since it was the end of the month, we had to go to the safe room for our tornado drill right before we loaded the buses. So, that means we had to take all of our stuff. I was carrying my trumpet with me. Well, Spunkyhorse14 and I came up with a plan: her and I are going to buy a Bluetooth speaker and every time there is a tornado drill, we play "Blown Away" by Carrie Underwood. Every time there is a fire drill, we play "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel. We actually did this for a weather report project slide show yesterday. It was great!

  Ok, you guys are probably tired of reading this. Bye!