Advice That Helped Me So Much That I Thought I Would Cry

I talked to the trombone player today. The one that told me the story of Frankenbone. Well, they were celebrating his birthday today. He's made it into All Region. Well, I asked him for advice on how to do well. He said:
•Practice Practice Practice!
•DONT RUSH THE SONG
•Articulation!!! Separate notes
•"The only thing in your way is nerves."

Well, I had brought my trumpet and music over because I'm a nerd like that. Well, he told me to go inside with him and get my trumpet out. He wanted me to play for him. Only about two other people were in there, but they stayed upstairs—at first. They eventually came out and listened to me. I really didn't want to play in front of them because of self-consciousness. However, he insisted that I play, so I did, and he said that if I kept practicing, then there would be no doubt of me getting into All Region. He said that they grade a lot on confidence. So, he said to be loud and proud. Articulation, and speed are the main things that they judge. I played the song with a lot of sixteenth notes in it and he said I was sure to get in.
   He said that the only thing in my way is nerves. I'm not sure if I have official anxiety or not, but I get anxiety attacks before doing anything major. Even vacations, I would get them. They started about 3 years ago but they're not as bad anymore. Still, I'm terrified of that one oncoming day in December.
  I'll tell you what happens when I get these attacks:
•waves of nausea wash over me, yet I've never thrown up from them, which makes it worse
•my mind is racing
•my heart is racing
•my mind thinks of every little thing that could go wrong
•I feel dizzy
•I get sweaty
•etc, etc

This is the basics of what I remember. I'm always terrified by it. Music seems to sooth me a little, but I wish I could find a cure. Do any of you know if this is official anxiety!?
  He said that my own mind, my nerves, are the only thing that's going to hold me back.

  Well, we're celebrating his birthday at my neighbors since he is a grand kid. Him and a bunch of friends are sleeping in a camper for the night. Well, all of the adults, plus him and  my friends and me, pranked his friends.
  Our neighbors have a predator call that plays various calls like coyote, wild boar, crows, and.......mountain lions (or as we call them: cougars or panthers). One of our neighbors kids walked into the woods with that thing and set it off not too far from the camp. It was so real that it made my skin crawl. However, it was worth seeing the look on their faces.

  Anyways, do you guys have any advice for those anxiety attacks of mine? I'm trying to do some research so I'll be prepared in December. Please help! Comment! Thanks.