Pep Rally

So, on Tuesday, we had a pep rally for our basketball homecoming.
    So, here's how this works: at every pep rally, we have a competition for our school's "spirit stick." The previous contests would always include a yelling contest. Most of the time, the Juniors would win because all of them have bass voices. So, during the contests, they're like, "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOO TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And us, being in the younger of the high school grades are just like. "eeeeeeeeee! ahhhhh! Go Team!"
  So, to make it more fair, we did something different this year. Those who were called from each grade had to go down to the Arena Floor and go through a timed obstacle course. The basketball scoreboard was set for five minutes. The grade that had the lowest time would win (like, the people who could do something in the shortest amount of time). About 8 people were called form each grade, and each grade went one at a time. First, the teachers went through and demonstrated. While we were watching, Spunkyhorse14 and I were talking about how embarrassing it would be if one of us were called. We were hoping that they wouldn't rigg the drawing (or as we put it, The Reaping). So, they started with our grade first. The first person that they called..................................................................

................................................................was me.
I was like,"Noooooooooo!!!" (Quote, Darth Vader) and spunky turned and looked at me like she was sending me off to the Hunger Games. That's what it felt like. I felt like Prim walking up to the podium where Effie was before Katniss volunteered. Except, NO ONE VOLUNTEERED!
    The reasoned that Spunky and I thought this was rigged is because they called people with a and b last names and like w and z last names. We were also the most well behaved and the highest achievers (some of us). And we were also the most socially awkward. But, to loosen things up, everyone danced to the Cha-Cha slide. Hey, at least I wasn't the only band kid to do the obstacle course! Isn't that right, Hunther1571 ?
   So, to here's how the obstacle course worked:
1) sit or lay on a plastic wheely board and maneuver around cones.
2) jump rope 5 times
3) do a somersault on a mat
4) crab walk around cones
5) push a towel across the floor with your hands. (Kind of like doing the mountain-climbing exercise/stretch)
6) for bonus points: kick a balloon into a trash can without letting it touch the floor. You also have to do it in 2 kicks or less.

Honestly, I think that I did the best on the somersault, and I haven't done one since I was six! When I did it, though, the necklaces that I had on for showing school spirit flew off! I didn't even notice until a cheerleader brought them back to me.

I was so embarrassed, having to do that. But, now that I think about it, the obstacle course was actually really fun! Afterwards, we had to dance to the whip/nae nae. I hate that song!!! That was the first and last time that I'm dancing to it in my life! Between each grade, we danced to a song. During one of the grade rotations, we danced to the Macarena. What was funny was they played The Final Countdown when the seniors were going trough the course. After that, they did a manakin challenge for them. Two guys were dunking one guy in the trash can! 
   Ninth grade ended up winning. What makes me feel better is that our grade didn't come last!
  We had a few minutes left to hang out before lunch, so everyone had the option to go down to the floor and do the Cha-Cha slide again. Of course, me, spunky, Phasma, Hux, and Anakin had to do it. I would've killed them if they didn't because I had already had one of the most embarrassing/fun times of my life.
   Anyways, that's the story of our school's pep rally!