Stewart

So, I am really excited! Here's the story why:

  So, in Beginner Band today, I was talking to the Princess a little bit before class started and I was late to my seat by the time the bell rang. Well, when I was taking my stuff to my seat, our band director called me up to his podium. He had a trumpet in his hands that had a dented bell. (It's not quite as bad as that one picture of the flattened French horn. It's still playable.) He said that he had gotten it at a yard sale and it had been sitting at the front of the classroom since the beginning of the year.
  Well, when I got to the podium, he asked me if I could work on it by oiling the valves, pulling out the slides, etc. I said that I would in a very confused voice, because who wouldn't be confused at a band director thrusting a trumpet on a Beginner to do maintenance on? I walked to the instrument room and gently set it in my locker. Then, I walked back to my seat.
   Our band director let us pack up fourteen minutes early since he didn't want to wear us out on playing out concert songs. After playing a little bit of music with the Princess (he was playing "We are Family" and we were saying how Band was family and I was like,"Brother!" He was like,"Sister!" And keep in mind, this is an 11th grader...Ok, I'll get back to the story now.) , I went up to the director's desk with the trumpet and asked him if he wanted me to do general maintenance on it and he said yes.
  Ok, let's get something straight. I'm one of the few people who take their instruments home and actually practice. There are only about three or four others who frequently do that in Beginner Band.....namely Spunky, Hux, the new tuba player that we got who's my friend (idk how he manages that), and a baritone player, as well as an occasional French hornist. Well, I take home my trumpet every day. And this is a school rental. I think the main reason why I'm in Advanced Band is because I practice pretty often.
  Ok, so after our director told me to do general maintenance on it, I asked him what he was planning to do with it...

He said that he was going to give it to me as a practice trumpet to keep at home so I won't have to take my school rent home everyday!!!!!

I'm so excited!!!! As I said, it's not in the best condition, but it's playable.

  As I was thinking about names, Stewart popped into my head, so I think that's what I'll name him!

I'll keep you posted on when I'll get to take him home and all that.

Ok, bye!