How To Deal

New Story!

Vote! Comment!

---

Real world definition of a gang: an organized group of criminals. The definition of drug dealer: pusher, an unlicensed dealer in illegal drugs. In my world, both things mean something you do to build your reputation and earn money.

Older people don’t understand my way of life. They weren’t born in a time where gangs rule and conquer, while the hard working people get nothing in life.

My gang of choice, Crips; they’re many different kinds around the world and even within’ states. I’d rather not get all technical with it that would be too confusing. A day in my life, would give someone a heart attack if they were some tie wearing business man.

---

I reread what I had just written on the computer before deleting it. No matter how I tried I couldn’t justify half the things I had done in my life. Plus the gang would kill me if they found me writing about our personal life. If you get caught telling secrets you might as well go ahead and sign your death wish.

“Maddyy, get your ass down here now!”

I hurried and logged off the computer and started down the stairs to see what was up.

“What’s up Eddie?”

He didn’t even glance up from the paperwork in his hand. We must have something going on for him to get me involved, usually he just left me to sell the stuff he gave me. I was the best seller in the state after all.

“You’re returning back to high school to complete your senior year. Don’t bitch about it. Bosses orders, said something about you getting more customers. That and the fact the state might question us about why you never go to school anymore.”

“I know Eddie. I know. We can’t risk someone finding out what I do. Bad for business, right.”

Finally he looked up from his papers to smile at me, “Exactly. Now you start tomorrow so get your rest. Also look for new recruits. You know the deal you’ve been here long enough to know how to do things.”

“If you call six years long enough then yes.” I smiled back at him as he started going over the paperwork again.

“Maddyy, everything is already set up. The info and brief about everything is on your desk.”

I headed up the stairs to my office. I needed to know everything about this assignment, even though most wouldn’t call it that, I took it seriously.

Eddie had taken me into the gang at the young age of twelve, when I had nowhere else to go. He taught me how to run the whole gang, inside and out.

---

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

I smacked the snooze button on my alarm clock. Why did I have to start school again I hated waking up early. I finished getting ready in five minutes and headed to the kitchen.

“What are you wearing?” I jumped in surprise.

“Eddie what are you doing? You scared the hell outta me!”

Eddie looked at me from head to toe. Some people would find it creepy to have a thirty year old checking them out but I didn’t care. We knew each other well enough to not get uncomfortable about anything.

He scrunched up his face, “What are you wearing Maddyy?”

I looked at my outfit, “Sweats?”

“Nope! Go change into something that will make you look like your normal self. I don’t know who you’re trying to be right now but it’s not working for you.”

“Ugh! You suck Ed!”

“No, my darling, you have us confused.” Eddie laughed.

“SHUT UP!”

---

After an hour of getting ready I walked back into the kitchen wearing tight black skinny jean, a white tank top and a leather jacket with black heels. My blonde hair was straightened to perfection, while my blue eyes popped from my smoky eye make-up.

“Much better, now you’re going to bring us some business.”

“Shut up! I’m headed to school see you later.”

I kissed Eddie on the cheek before running outside to get on my motorcycle. Damn, I loved being me!