Perfect For Each Other

I walked into the house and dropped all my stuff by the front door. Slamming the door shut behind me I stopped to listen for Boss. 

"In the living room Maddyy." 

Instead of going straight to the living room I went into the kitchen to get me some chips. I really didn't want to hear any bad news at the moment. Not after such a wonderful day. 

"Yes Boss."  

He was sitting in the rocking chair smoking a cigar. His black hair was highlighted with gray hairs and so was his beard. Yet he still looked younger then his age. 

He didn't hesitate to get down to the point, "Have you been getting any threatening phone calls?" 

I thought back, "No .... Wait, yes someone prank called me about knowing something and getting me to be theirs?" 

"That's what I thought." 

My face scrunched up in confusion, "What are you talking about?" 

He handed me a piece of paper. Opening it I noticed it was a long typed letter with a funny looking signature at the bottom.

Dear Maddyy, 

I may not know where you live but I do know where to leave this to get someone's attention. I see you everyday working your case and might I add your doing it flawlessly. Better then anyone else that has been sent in to find out information about this certain group. I know you don't know who I am but I know you. We see each other everyday. I only know who you are because of the pure fact that you have been in my sights for a very long time. I will only warn you once though. Stay away from the Bloods group you have been hanging around with. I don't mean you any immediate danger, although I could cause some trouble if you continue on the dangerous route.  

Don't be stupid get out while you can. Even though I can't see everything you do I'll be watching.  

Yours truly, 

Someone Who Knows How It Is

I looked up to see Boss watching me carefully like I was going to bust into tears or have a panic attack, "Who gave you this?" 

"Someone found it at the drug drop spot." 

It was only an hour ago that I was thinking about how lucky I was because I hadn't been found out. Looks like I was celebrating too early.

--- 

"Wow. You've never been caught before," Eddie said. 

"I know!" 

"Whoever this is must be very good. I'm thinking maybe from an enemy group." 

"Eddie don't you think if they were from an enemy group they would have ratted me out already?" 

I searched his face for signs, "I don't know Maddyy. I don't understand this. You said yourself that people think we are only guys. NO ONE I mean NO ONE knows we have a girl in the group. If anything some people think you're my girl." 

I put my head on his shoulder as we sat on the couch at his current home. It hadn't been long enough for him to heal completely but he was doing much better. 

"I think we need to pull you from this." 

I jumped up, "NO! What are you talking about? I'm in now. I'm getting closer and closer to figuring out the information that could break them all apart." 

"Is it worth it to you?" He said angrily raising his voice. "To me it isn't. I care about you way too much for me to let something happen to you. Keeping you there is dangerous. I forbid it, you aren't going back." 

I stormed over to the door, "Too bad you don't call the shots Eddie. Incased you forgot I'm not your girl. I call my own shots and you need to remember that. I do what I think needs to be done. That includes this." I slammed the door and left him sitting on the couch staring after me.

--- 

I had been staring at the note all weekend. I couldn't figure out who this could be. It didn't make sense to me. I had been so careful to make sure no one found out anything about me.  

"Is anyone out there, it seems like I'm talking to myself?" My phone started ringing. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey Maddyy?" 

"Who is this?" I wasn't really in the mood but I had to keep up my mood to make sure they didn't suspect anything. 

"Cody." 

My eyes went wide, "Cody? What are you calling me for?" 

"I thought maybe we could hang out just the two of us," he chuckled. 

"You don't want to do that. Tyler wouldn't be happy with you." 

Once again he laughed, "I told you I could keep a secret." 

"This isn't a good idea. We can't do this behind his back. If you don't leave me alone I'll have to tell him what happened in the janitor's closet." 

Silence. 

"What the hell you bitch. What do you mean tell him what happened in the janitors closet? About how you kissed me, how you came on to me?" 

I laughed an evil, uncontrolled laugh, "No I'm going to cry to him about how you forced yourself on me. Oh and if you don't act normal around me he will know something is up. So how about we act like nothing ever happened between us. Deal." 

Instead of Cody being pissed like I thought he would have been he simply answered calmly, "You are a manipulating bitch, you and Tyler are perfect together. We can definitely still be friends, maybe even best friends." 

I smirked. "Friends." 

After hanging up I got all my stuff ready and went to sleep Monday's always came super early now-a-days. School pretty much sucked!

*Author's Note* 

Thanks again for the support everyone. 

Vote! Comment!  

I would like to thank Lizzabeth && KC for supporting me and loving the book lol.

Always everyone should check out the book "Reconnecting with Reality" By: KacieeMariee. It isn't anything like my book but it's still amazing (: