Uncovering Secrets

Vote! Comment!

---

Pulling into the parking lot everyone started staring in Tyler’s direction. I knew they weren’t staring at me because of the fact he had dark tinted windows. I wasn’t nervous about seeing everyone’s reactions; I was excited to see their shocked faces.

Tyler got out and looked in at me smiling, “Don’t move!”

Before I could answer he ran in front of the car to my side and opened my door. I giggled as he put his hand out for me to grab and bowed a little. It was just too funny that he was doing this.

Grabbing his hand I slide out of the passenger seat with my bag and stood up letting the door shut behind me. Just as I suspected everyone who was in view was staring at us with wide open mouths. Smiling I nodded at them slide my hand into Tyler’s as we started walking toward my locker.

“Well that was fun,” I laughed.

Tyler was looking at me strangely. “You know Maddyy, you aren’t the girl I thought you were.” He said while leaning against the lockers next to mine.

“I’m not?”

“Nope! I like this non shy you better, plus you’re not as innocent as before,” he smirked. “But you’re innocent enough for me.”

I slammed my locker and let out the breath I didn’t realize I had been holding. Tyler threw his arm around my shoulder and led me to first period, we had everyone in the hallway turning to do double takes. It was like no one could believe he had finally got a girlfriend.

---

Classes went by slow. Today just wasn’t my day though. Tyler kept getting into trouble with all his teachers for talking too much or being rude to other students. It wasn’t his fault they kept making comments about us. We didn’t shine a light on us and scream out to everyone we were a couple. They just don’t know how to mind their own damn business.

I couldn’t have been more happy about the finally bell ringing signaling the end of the school day. I was over everyone’s stares and whispers. I think Tyler was too because he was definitely on edge, more than usual.

“Does it bother you,” he finally asked on the drive to his house.

“What?”

“Them staring and whispering about you?”

I just laughed, “How do you know they’re only talking about me?”

He glanced over at me. “Because they wouldn’t talk about me, oh and the fact I have people watching and listening everywhere.”

I giggled, “Okay Mob Boss!”

He didn’t laugh with me, instead he looked over at me and back out the front windshield. I scrunched up my eyebrows at the way he was acting. I didn’t understand why he couldn’t just laugh along with me. After all he did choose this for his life, no one forces you to join unless you know too much but even then you have to be interested to risk your life learning stuff.

We didn’t speak to each other until we reached his house and were walking in the front door. “You hungry?” he asked.

I shook my head and ignored him as he walked toward the kitchen. I didn’t follow him, I chose to walk to his room and climb into his bed snuggling up underneath his comfortable blankets. It didn’t take long for him to walk in his room and sit on the bed.