Playing

Walking into first I smiled watching Tyler's reactions. I couldn't help but feel proud at the reaction he gave me.

Eddie was right, this outfit was a great idea. Taking my seat I turned to face Tyler.

"Hi." I said shyly.

"Hey." He said warmly.

How could this great guy get involved with a gang. Nothing about him screams gangster. He is quiet, shy, good looking and it seems like he has everything possible going for him. It amazed me that he would join something like Bloods.

"How are you today?"

He smiled at me before answering, "Great, considering it's only the morning. It would be better though if you would have texted me over the weekend or maybe even a call."

"Sorry about that. I was kind of busy."

He glanced side ways at me, "What, your parents super strict and make you do chores or something?"

I looked him in the eyes, "Something like that Tyler, something like that."

He couldn't reply because the teacher walked in and took attendance.

"Okay, class. There is a new project we're going to start today. It will be a partner assignment."

Everyone in the class started whispering excitedly.

"Before you get all excited and have everything planned out you should listen. I will be picking the partners this time." The class groaned. "I know, I know. It's going to kill you to have me pick out who you're working with. I picked at random so don't complain about it."

She walked up to the board and raised the projection screen. Behind it the board was filled with names of people side by side.

Chris - Hayley

Amber - Roger

Rose - Nile

Maddyy - Tyler

"Looks like we're partners," Tyler stated.

I pretended to blush, "Yeah looks like it."

"Maybe we could study at your house sometime and work on this project you know."

I looked at him and froze. We can't work at my house too many people and things go through daily. He would get susipious though if I told him no just like that with no excuse.

"Or we could just work at mine if you want?" He asked taking in my worried expression.

I finally answered, "Yes, that would be best ..." He seemed to be expecting more. "Um .. My parents .. aren't the best to be around .. very strict ... not nice." I stumbled over my words and waited to see his reaction.

His face showed sadness and anger. I knew he was going to think I had abusive parents or something, but I just couldn't risk him knowing where I lived.

"Maddyy you know you can tell me anything. My parents are very powerful, I could help you."

Something about the way he said it touched my heart. Pushing back the tears coming to my eyes I replied, "Thank you so much."