Stop over thinking!

((Author’s Note))

I know I said I was going to upload at a later date but I’m in a writing mood and I’m ready to finish my first book. So I hope you enjoy these last two chapters <3

I would love to see some COMMENTS! && VOTES!

The sand between my toes felt so good. I could hear the ocean and smell the salt water and I had to admit it was amazing. Everything about the beach always calmed me down. It made me forget about everything that had happened to me these past few weeks.

It felt like only yesterday that I had left the courtroom rushing to my new life. My new life that just so happened to be waiting for me with open arms. Right now though the main part of my life wasn’t here.

I looked around before collecting my towel and making sure my black bikini and sunglasses were in place before making my way to the house. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love my beach house, it was perfect.

I walked into the house and listened for anyone, after not hearing anything I decided to jump in the shower and get ready. Before long I was wearing a white sundress with my hair still damp without any makeup on.

“Maddyy?” I ran out of the bathroom to be greeted by a tired looking Ezra with a sleeping Rose in his arms.

“Aww. Too cute,” I gushed.

He chuckled and headed to Rose’s room to lay her down.

The past few weeks of us all living together were amazingly perfect. Who else do you know can say that about living with person that kidnapped them and they thought to be dead? I don’t think I would change my life for anything else though.

I walked into the room and climbed into bed I was tired from being at the beach all day while Ezra spent some time with Rose by himself. They were so cute together. The perfect father, daughter couple!

It wasn’t long before I felt someone climb into bed beside me and pull me to them. “What you do all day?” Ezra whispered into my ear.

“Beach,” I chuckled into his neck as I pulled him close.

Everyday I thought about what would have happened if I chose Scott. Would I be as happy as I am now? I didn’t really care. Ezra and Rose were my life now and nothing could change that. Not all the money in the world.

---

Ezra’s POV

I held Maddyy close to me as she snuggled against my chest. I laughed at how cute she was. She didn’t know the affect she had on people around her, mainly guys. She could bend and break them to their will. I knew I was so lucky to be able to get close to her these past few weeks.

We weren’t together as a couple because I wanted to take things super slow. She had been through so much in such a small amount of time I didn’t want her to freak out about jumping into something.

“What did my Rose do today?” she asked with such deep emotion when she asked about Rose that it melted my heart. Rose was a very lucky girl to have such a damn good mother figure in her life.

“Played on the playgrounds, beach, ate, you know the stuff she asks to do on a daily basis,” I answered.

Maddyy sighed, “I’m going to miss that little bugger when she starts school next month.”

I laughed at her, “You and me both.”

She didn’t say anything instead she wiggled out of my grasp and straddled my waist. Her hair fell in her face and her dress rose to her thighs. I couldn’t stop myself from looking at it. She was just so … I don’t think there are even words to describe her.

“Ezra,” she mumbled as she trailed kisses down my chin and neck waiting for me to reply to her.

“Maddyy,” I moaned as she hit my soft spot. She always managed to find it quickly.

We hadn’t slept together yet because I wanted to wait until we knew things were going to work. That didn’t stop her from torturing my though. Every chance she got she tried to get me to have sex with her.

“You. Are. Such. A. Great. Father.”

She had me at those words. All my walls and guards went down with that and I let her take control. When she started to take her dress off I had to stop her though. It just wasn’t time for that yet.

“I think we should go to bed.”

She huffed and rolled over not even taking the time to say goodnight to me. I knew she was going to be pissed for a while. She was going to be mad all day tomorrow most likely but if she were me she would understand why I was doing this.

---

Maddyy’s POV

He never wanted to sleep with me, I mean what’s wrong with me? Am I that gross or ugly?

I tried to stop my thoughts but they continued as I fell asleep. Just like every other night I started dreaming about everyone from my past. I could see my father’s disappointed face. Tyler’s last goodbye. Scott’s waiting eyes, wondering if I were ever going to come back to him. Cody blaming me for everything and anything. The only thing that truly got to me was Chris’s hate filled eyes and the words ‘I’ll be back’.

Like every other night that I dreamed this dream I felt Ezra shake me awake and tell me everything was going to be ok. I knew somewhere in the back of my mind that he was right everything was going to be ok once I got used to my new life and had closure with the old one. I just had to let it all go without rethinking every decision I had made before.