Drunken Kisses

Maddyy’s POV

I woke up Saturday morning from a knock on the door. I slowly got out of bed and wrapped a robe around me while walking down the stairs. Once again I looked through the peephole before opening the door. I didn’t recognize the dude at the door but he was holding a huge box.

What the hell I thought opening the door wide enough to get a good look at him. He was wearing a tuxedo and had a huge smile on his face. He had three boxes with him, one in his hand and the other two were lying on the ground.

“What the hell…” I said.

Instead of responding he started singing.

“The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful.

Stop me and steal my breath.

And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky,

Never revealing their depth.

Tell me that we belong together,

Dress it up with the trappings of love.

I’ll be captivated,

I’ll hang from you lips,

Instead of the gallows of heartache that hangs from above.

I’ll be your crying shoulder.

I’ll be your love suicide.

I’ll be better when I’m older,

I’ll be the greatest fan of your life.”

He stopped singing and looked at me. I was frozen in spot with wide eyes. “Here you go Miss. You’re suppose to open the boxes in this order. Long box first then small to big.”

He handed over the boxes and walked off the front porch without another word. I just stood there with the stuff in my arms for the longest time before I went inside the house shutting the door and locking it behind me. I made my way to the living room to see what all that was about.

I sat down crossing my legs underneath me. I got the long box and opened it, inside was a dozen roses with long stems. I pulled them out and sniffed them, once I had took them out of the box I saw a piece of paper with READ ME written on it. I picked it up in the hand that I wasn’t holding in the roses in and started reading it.

Maddyy,

I know I was stupid doing that to you at school. I didn’t mean it and I would do anything in the world to take it back. I’m willing to prove it to you if you give me a chance. I know you already told me you would but that’s not good enough. I want to show you I can treat you better then anyone in the world. In these boxes are a series of presents’ you should know what to do with each one of them. I’ll be here around seven tonight to pick you up so take your time beautiful.

See you soon,

Tyler <3

I went into the kitchen laying the note on the counter and putting the flowers in a vase and filling it in with some water. I went to get the other two boxes and started making my way up the stairs.

Opening the smallest box I wasn’t sure what to expect.

“Holy shit!” I gasped.

I pulled out the silver chain it had a silver heart on it with two pink diamonds on the front. I flipped it over to see it had engravings on it,