Simply Wishing

Maddyy’s POV

Walking into school I felt everyone staring at me and whispering. I really didn’t care about it though I knew they would talk. I had been missing for almost a week apparently.

“Can you believe someone kidnapped her? In this safe town!”

I looked over at the girl who had said that and rolled me eyes. Our town was far from safe. If she only knew half the things I knew. Hell her school isn’t even safe!

I continued making my way to where Tyler and his gang stood before school started, I haven’t even talked to him since I got home. The only person I had talked to was Scott. Rejecting all Tyler’s calls might have been stupid but I didn’t care.

“Well look who it is. You’re kidnappers should’ve kept you locked up and thrown away the key.” Olivia said with a sickening sweet voice.

“You’re so funny Olivia, but didn’t you hear they let me go when they realized I wasn’t you.” I said smirking willing her to believe me.

Her eyes grew wide, “W-w-w-what! TYLER!”

It didn’t take long for Tyler to reach her side and put her behind him. he started looking around for signs of danger, seems like my kidnapping had him on edge.

“Hiya!” Tyler’s eyes found mine.

“Maddyy,” was all he said while making his way towards me. It wasn’t long before I was in his arms with him hugging me tightly. “Thank God you’re ok!”

“Of course I’m ok. Why else would I have showed up in this hell hole.”

He chuckled and put me down. “Spin.”

“What?”

“I just wanna make sure you’re not harmed in any way!”

I raised my eyebrows before doing as I was told. I let him check me out properly, I was wearing a short flowing baby blue skirt with a gray v-neck shirt tucked into it. So if I had any cuts or scraps he would be able to see them.

After he was finished he pulled me into another tight hug. “I’m so glad you’re finally back home. We’ve been searching everywhere for you.”

I just smiled and nodded my head not really wanting to talk about this. DING! DING! My cell phone was going off inside my purse.

From Scott: Looking great today.

I tried to keep an emotionless face as I text him back quickly.

To Scott: Shouldn’t you be doing something productive instead of flirting with your leaders gf?

I put my phone back in my purse and looked back up to see Tyler looking at me with a thoughtful look. “Just my guardian making sure I can handle the day. Too damn protective.”

He seemed pleased with my lie. Grabbing my hand he led me over to his group of friends with a smile on his face. Everyone seemed surprised by his smile, I guess he didn’t do that often.

“Maddyy’s back everyone.”

Instead of saying hey like I thought they would do and move on from it I felt myself being lifted off the ground by Ian and passed around the group to be bear hugged by each person while not letting my feet touch the ground. “Maddyy we missed you,” they all said together.

“Yeah, yeah. Put me on the ground I have feet you know.” This made them chuckle as they handed me back to Tyler, still not sitting me on the ground. I gave up fighting and wrapped me arms and legs around Tyler trying to keep my skirt from riding up.

---

The school day went by with Tyler and his boys not leaving my side for anything. I don’t even think they went to bathroom. Every class we went to they surrounded me and made sure that if anyone tried talking to me or about me they were taking care of.

Tyler didn’t even let me walk that much, he insisted on carrying me to every class. Something about him wanting to not let me go for a while, I resisted the urge to argue and decided to just smile and bare it for a little while.

---

I was sitting in Tyler’s car on the way to his house when he said something that worried me a little, “Maddyy we need to talk.”

I felt my face grow red with worry and started fidgeting. “About?”

He glanced away from the road to look at me, “Let’s just wait until we get to the house to talk about this.”

I didn’t respond fearing my voice would shake with fear. Did he know about me? About Scott? About Eddie?

Once we pulled up in his driveway I slowly got out of the car and followed him up to his bedroom. I heard the guys playing video games in the living room as we passed by.

“What do you need to talk to me about?” I asked while sitting on Tyler’s bed.

“I found out something yesterday and I want to know if it’s true or not.”

Feared went through me, “What?”

“Is Sam Nelson your father?”

My fear was replaced by anger, “You had me worried for nothing you son of a bitch. Of course he is my father why else would we have the same last name!”

His thoughtful expression was replaced by one of confusion, “Why were you scared?”

“Umm. Umm. Well.” I stammered.

“Did you think I was going to break up with you?”

Relief washed through me as he feed me my excuse. “YES!”

He rushed over to hug me and place me in his lap. “I would never do that! Maddyy I love you.”

I froze on his lap. Of course I knew he had strong feelings for me but I didn’t actually think he had fallen in love with me. After the shock wore off I knew what I had to say, “I love you too, Ty.”

His lips crashed on to mine before I had time to think about what was happening. He laid me on the bed and gently got on top of me. I could feel him smiling into the kiss. Myself on the other hand was struggling to do this. Kissing Tyler hadn’t felt right since the moment I had kissed Scott.

Scott. I wonder what he would think about me if he knew what I was doing right now. I was lost in my thoughts when I felt my tshirt being lifted over my head. I did nothing to stop it, I couldn’t without him being suspicious. Opening my eyes I looked up at Tyler and saw him looking at me with so much emotion in his eyes.

“I love you Maddyy.” With those words he had me.

I did everything without thinking I knew he thought I wanted to be with him and be his forever, but I didn’t. Part of me loved him in the beginning but now I knew I only loved him as a friend and that it was going to be so hard to hurt him.

In that moment I realized my heart belonged to Scott and had belonged to him since the moment we first met.

Life was never going to be simple for me.

Nothing had ever been simple for me.