Getting Help

"Hey Eddie," I sung walking in the door.

"Where you been? It's late." He was sitting on the couch staring at something in his lap.

"Business."

He didn't answer me. He didn't even look up. I just shrugged my shoulders and started skipping up the stairs. I still had that high feeling from being around Scott for the past few hours.

"Maddyy, why are you acting so different now?"

"Ahh!" I jumped at the sound of his voice. Turning around I saw Eddie standing in my doorway looking at me with a sad face. He was holding something in his hand. "Shit, you scared me Eddie." I said holding my chest.

"I love you Maddyy. Night." He turned to leave looking emotional dead.

"Night. I love you." I managed to whisper back. I knew ever since I had gotten this assignment things had changed between Eddie and I. We weren't that close anymore. The weird thing was that I really didn't care about it. He would always have that special place in my heart, but now I felt no remorse for the things I was doing with Scott or Tyler.

---

"Saying goodbye, this time, the same old story. Seeing you cry, this time, makes me feel like saying sorry."

I continued staring at my alarm clock before slamming my hand down on the button to turn it off. I hadn't slept at all last night. I was trying to figure out what had changed me since I had started school.

"Maddyy! Get up!" I heard Eddie's still emotionless voice yell.

I had nothing to say back after thinking about the truth of his words from last night I just wasn't in the mood to deal with reality today. To deal with another day of lies and hiding whom I truly was from everyone.

The steam from my hot shower filled the bathroom as I wiped the fog off the mirror. I looked hard at myself from my bleach blonde hair to my sky blue eyes. I didn't know who the person was standing in front of me. I couldn't recognize the girl standing in front of me.

I wrapped a towel around myself and headed to my closet deciding to let my hair air-dry. My closet was the same I couldn't find anything I wanted to wear. I walked over to my dresser and opened up my lazy day drawer. Taking out a pair of black yoga pants I grabbed a hoodie to match and threw them on, I didn't even bother putting any make-up on either.

"Are you ok?" I heard Tyler asking me.

"Fine." I mumbled.

I felt everyone staring at me taking in my appearance. I was usually dressed to impress but today I just couldn't. I glanced up to meet a pair of amazing blue eyes staring into my own trying to figure out what was wrong with me.

"You sure?" Scott asked.

"I said I'm fine." I grabbed Tyler's hand and walked away from everyone without looking back.

"Are you sure you're okay Maddyy?"

"Ugh! Fuck this. Stay the hell away from me. Gotdammit!" I shoved his hand away from me and started running toward class. Today was starting to be a horrible day after all.

---

The school day continued getting worse as the hours passed. I got detention for the rest of the week during lunch and I managed to get sent to the principle more times then I could even count.

"Tyler what do you want?" I said feeling someone's gaze on me.

"I'm kind of offended by you calling me that name."

I looked behind me to see Scott smirking at me leaning on the lockers directly parallel to my own. "Where's Tyler?"

"He got pissed when you told him to shove it so he went home to cool off. Something about he didn't want to do anything he would regret later."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah like hurt me again." I mumbled a little louder then I should have.

"WHAT!" Scott's scream filled the hallway. People turned to look at him with questionable eyes.

"Shhh!" I ran up to him and put my hand over his mouth.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me outside the school. He didn't stop pulling me along with him until after we had got all the way to my car. It was then that we both got in and he spoke, "He's hurt you?"

"Mhhmmm."

He stayed silent. I couldn't bring myself to look at him. I had told myself to forget about Tyler hurting me, I mean all he did was slam me into a wall over and over again. It wasn't like he physically hit me.

"Why are you with him?" he said.

I thought about my answer before saying it, "He made it up to me."

"HOW! How do you make up hurting someone?" he was furious.

"He made me feel like the most wonderful and special person in the world. That's how! OK!" I felt tears coming into my eyes.

I was so sick of my life and everything in it. Before I started this stupid assignment I had everything and anything I had ever wanted and now it was like everything was slowly becoming more and more complicated and I didn't know how much more I could take of this.

"Anyone could do that Maddyy! You deserve so much better then him. You deserve better then the life you have." He said smashing his fist into the dashboard.

It took me a minute to put the words he had said together. What was he talking about I deserved better then the life I had? He knew nothing about my life. He didn't know why I ended up at Eddie's, he didn't know how young I was when everything turned for the worst. He knew nothing about me.

"You know NOTHING!" I argued.

He looked into my eyes while opening the car door, "I know more then you think I do. When you wanna talk I'm here. I can't help you until then though."

He got out of the car to leave me with me thoughts. I couldn't stop our talk from running through my mind. I heard him telling me how I deserved better then this life and how he could help me. I needed help. I needed him to help me! Or did I?