Bad Dreams

"Eddie. I'm home!"

Silence. Well that's weird. Eddie is usually always home when I get here from school.

I ignored the feeling to call him on his cell phone and walked into the kitchen for a snack.

I noticed a note on the counter in Eddie's handwriting.

---

Maddyy,

If I'm not here when you get home I've gone out to find out about the missing information. You're right about that by the way. I called the Boss and he is the one that sent me. Since you figured that much out you must be making progress.

Talk to you when I get home. Love you,

Eddie

---

I didn't think anything else about the note. It wasn't out of the ordinary for Boss to send Eddie out on a mission at the last minute. I finished my snack and decided to go to my room to do some school work. Since it was hard to do work with Tyler sitting beside me all day.

After finishing my school work and taking a shower I went to look for Eddie.

"Eddie!"

Again I got silence. I went to his office, bedroom and every other room in the house he usually hangs out in. He still wasn't home! Maybe his mission is just taking longer then usual.

Checking my phone I noticed it was past midnight. I had no missed calls or texts and Eddie still hadn't arrived home.

My nerves were getting the best of me so I decided it was time to call the Boss and see if everything was going ok. If Eddie was as good at his job as he said he wouldn't have even took his phone with him.

Ring, ring, ring, ring.

"Hello Maddyy. What can I help you with?" Boss' voice boomed through the phone.

"Hey Boss. Do you know where Eddie is?!"

He was silent for a moment, "He left this morning. It should have only took him about two hours."

I felt myself falling apart on the inside. If anything happened to Eddie I wouldn't know what to do.

"Maddyy, it'll be ok. I'm about to make some phone calls and send out search parties. You stay calm."

I took a deep breathe, "Can I go search for him too!"

"No. I need you to stay there incase he shows up. I'll keep you updated as much as I can. Everything is going to be fine."

Boss didn't have time to waste so I hung up after saying a quick goodbye.

---

"My hearts a stero, it beats for you so listen close."

I hit my alarm clock hard and slowly set up rubbing my eyes. I had only slept for around thirty minutes last night. Looking in the mirror I saw dark circles under my eyes.

I ran the straighten through my hair and quickly did my make-up. After finishing I looked in the mirror. I still looked dead on my feet.

I walked in my closet and looked at different clothes. I put on some light, ripped, tightly fitting skinny jeans with a dark purple flowy top with flowers all over it.