Heavy Hearts

*Author’s Note*

The end is coming soon in this book. Maybe a few more chapters or so! Remember to VOTE! COMMENT! It would be highly appreciated. No there isn’t going to be a sequel to this book. But I am thinking about writing a new book. I’m not sure what it’s going to be called or when I’m going to be starting it.

Keep a look out for it though! Thanks again for the support everyone.

---

I woke up hearing a knock on the door downstairs. Getting out from under the covers I felt the sting of my warm feet hitting the cold floor, whoever this was it better be important.

“Scott?” I questioned after opening the door. I looked around the room for the nearest clock, from the darkness outside I knew that whatever time it was it was either late at night or early morning.

“Scott? It’s two in the morning!”

He kept staring at me like he was in a daze. It didn’t take him long however to snap out of it. “Can I come in?”

“Sure?”

We walked into the house and I looked around to see Eddie glancing at Scott and me with a look in his eyes I couldn’t describe as anything I’d ever seen before. “Come on, we’ll go to my room to talk.”

Silently we made our way to my room. I tried to make sure Scott didn’t see Eddie, if he did he said nothing about it. Letting him walk in my room first I shut and locked the door behind us not really wanting to be disturbed.

“Sorry for coming and waking you up in the middle of the night. I just didn’t want anyone wondering about my disappearance in the middle of the day. They’re use to me disappearing at night and showing up sometime in the morning,” he explained.

“No problem. What’s up?”

Staring at me he slowly brought his hand up to cup my cheek and stare into my eyes. I was surprised at how right this felt. I loved how he made me feel.

“I need to tell you some stuff that might make you feel different about me.” Glancing around the room he started fidgeting around.

“It’s ok. Nothing could make me feel different.”

Meeting his eyes I knew whatever he was about to tell me was very important and was going to change everything.

“When I was young I was into some bad things,” he started. “I got caught up into the wrong crowd and everything went bad from there. My parents were druggies and so I took out the pain of watching them do bad things by dealing drugs, drinking alcohol and doing anything I could get my hands on. Soon I attracted the attention of a local ‘gang’ they approached me because they thought I was a very good fighter. It wasn’t a real gang just a bunch of guys who called themselves that. I didn’t think it would such a bad thing you know? Until I got arrested for almost killing a guy.” He paused to look at me reaction.

I smiled, “Continue.”

“When all of this happened I was only fourteen or fifteen, that didn’t stop the guys parents from wanting to press charges and get me sent to prison. In the end I had to go to juvie until I turned eighteen. They told me the day that I left that place I couldn’t mess up anymore.” He paused again to check my reaction. I kept my face blank of all emotion. “That’s when I knew what I wanted to do the rest of my life.”

I stared at him wondering what he was trying to tell me. “What?”

Nervously he started messing with his hands that were in his lap. He glanced up at me and then back at his lap. “A cop.”