Chapter 18- run

Ruby's POV

I slowly opened the door to the room Yang was in. I was met with an eerie silence, the only sound was the door closing and light breathing. I stood at the door and looked at the room, it was a murky grey colour and it was other wise empty except for a bed and a table in the middle of the room.

I glanced over at the bed and saw what I was scared to see, Yang. She was sitting up in the bed. Her usually golden yellow hair was a dim blonde, and her once bright lilac eyes were now a dull dark purple. She had bandages all up her left arm and Reddish purple marks all along her neck, they looked like rope burns.

I slowly walked over to the empty chair beside the bed and sat down in it. I didn't know what to say to her, she just looked so dead. She hasn't even looked at me since I have came in.

"Yang" I said breaking the silence of the room

"...."

"Yang please answer me or at least look at me" I said hoping she will listen to me.

"Ruby, what do you want an apology. Do you want me to say I am sorry for what I did, well I am not. I am Sorry I failed at trying" she finally said looking at me with water eyes.

"Yang how can you say that!" My voice cracked not really believing what I just heard.

"Ruby, I can't cope with living anymore. So why does everyone say I should, living is what is kill me slowly. I just want to die it that so much to ask!" She screamed.

"Because I need you Yang, I need you to be here with me " I said crying.

"No you don't Ruby!" She yelled also crying.

"Yang?" I said quietly.

"....."

"Do you know how we felt when you were in hospital because sun knocked you out. I felt scared because I didn't know if you were okay. So when you tried to kill yourself  I felt helpless and so upset because I didn't know if you were dead or not" I cried

"...."

"Do you know what it's like waiting to see if someone you love so much is dead or not!" I screamed at her, wanting her to know how I felt.

I looked over at her and saw for myself what Blake had saw. Fur, fur all over her face and down her arms. The blondie white fur under her eyes was damp and now a dark grey colour. Her eyes though they stood out the most. The bright Crimson colour that could cut you if you stared long enough.

"Ruby I know how it feels but can I asked you something now?" Yang asked gripping the cover over her lap.

"Yea sure" I said wiping my tears on the back of my sleeve.

" do you know what it is like to want to die everyday. Every time you breath it feels like glass shattering down your throat. What it is like to hid behind a painted on smile just to look normal. How it feels to wake up every morning and hate yourself. And to be ashamed of the real you" Yang said as one of her ears bend forward.

"Yang you could of talked to me" I shouted.

"I didn't want you to worry, I am your big sister I should be worrying about you not the other way around" she said looking down at her furry arms.

"Yang...."

"I think you should leave Ruby" she said looking at me with now cat like eyes.

"But yang" I quickly answered.

She didn't answer. I saw her body get shorter and more fur appear. I saw her stand up and walked over to me, I flinched and closed my eyes thinking she would hit me. But she didn't.

I opened my eyes and couldn't see yang, I looked down and saw what Blake had only described to me. Yang In fact does turn into a lion. I saw the emblem on her ear so I definitely knew it was her.

"Yang?" I asked confused.

Instead of an reply she just growled at me and rand for the door. She jumped up and managed to get one of her paws on the handle and push it down and opens it. Once the door was open she took of running down the hall.