Chapter 21- carve

Yangs POV

My eyes slowly opened, I felt a sharp pain in my ears. I slowly tried to sit up but I couldn't. I managed to lift my head slightly to see Ruby hugging my stomach, Weiss hugging my side and Blake hugging my other side. My ear twitches violently as sounds entered the room.

It was still dark out.  I saw my scroll beside Blake, I slowly reached over and grabbed it. As I unlocked it the brightness of the screen burned my eyes, I quickly tried to turn down the screen brightness. Once I could finally look at my scroll i read the time, the time was currently 4:57am; I guess I have only been asleep for about 20 minutes.

I slowly managed to get the others off me and get out of the bed. The cold night air hit my uncovered skin sending shivers all over my body. I tired to look for a blanket but couldn't find one so I activated a little of my semblance just to keep me warm.

I saw that the window was still open so I walk over to shut it. When I was about to close it I saw a small silver box handling from the tree branch in front of the window. I slowly reached out the window and grabbed the small box. I stared at it in confusion until I saw a piece of paper taped to the side of it. I slowly pulled the paper free and read the note.

Dear Yang,
After our reunion tonight I realised how pathetic you are. You know I almost regretted leavening you when you were a child but after seeing you to night, I'm glad I did leave. You are a pathetic excuse for a human, no wait your a pathetic excuse for a Faunus. My dearest child please do your mother a favour and end your pathetic excuse of a life. No one will miss you, not me not Ruby and not certainly not Taiyang. Maybe one day you will try to kill yourself and actually do it. Goodbye the daughter I regretted having.

Love,
A disgraced mother.

My tears slowly started dampening the paper I held in my shaking hands. My hands let go of the paper and picked up the small box with shaking fingers. Slowly I lifted the lid of the box up. My eyes widened as I saw what was inside the box. My teary eyes glanced over the three blades and a bottle of very strong pills.

My trembling fingers slowly lifted one of the blades out of the box and twirled it between my fingers. I slowly looked behind me and saw that my team mates were still asleep soundly.

I chuckled darkly as I slowly lifted the blade up to my arm. The cold metal rested against my warm skin sending a small shiver down my spine. My eyes looked out the still open window and I saw the bird perched on the branch the box was on.

My eyes never left the Ravens as I dug the metal into my arm and sliced my skin open. I gritted my teeth as a tingling sensation spread through my arm. The little bubbles of blood started to form on top of the fresh cut.

The raven crowed almost asked like it was asking me to do it more, so how was I to deny it. I looked around the room and saw one of Ruby's red towels on the floor from her shower earlier, so I grabbed it. I then climbed up onto the window. I sat like I did earlier, my legs dangling out while my back was facing the room.

The towel was draped over my lap, collecting the blood that rolled of my wrist. My fingers placed the blade against my scarred skin and violently dug it into my skin. My skin ripped into allowing the blade to break the skin, blood came rushing out the cut and overflowed down my arm to be caught by the towel.

I continued to carve at my skin, trying to carve my self out of it. Suddenly my eyes started to droop and my head because light. I slowly looked down at my arm and saw just how much damage I had done.